Illinois Marching Online

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Show Titles and Music for 2019-20

I was told by a friend up in Galesburg that their show is... ” “Along Came A Spider” Selections: Bruckners Symphony 8 “finale” Aha! Imogen Heap Bodecia by Enya Firebird Suite Finale”
  3. Show Titles and Music for 2019-20

Eureka- "Dystopia" Music based on "1984" (don't know anything more than that)
  4. Earlier
  5. Show Titles and Music for 2019-20

Warren Township- "Winter is Coming" (not Game of Thrones) Mvt 1: Hazy Days of Winter Mvt 2: Black Clouds Mvt 3: Moonlight Sonata
  6. 2019 Bolingbrook High School

Bolingbrook High School is looking for a marching percussion instructor for the 2019-202 marching band season. Drumline and Pit rehearsals have already begun. Responsibilities will include running battery rehearsals for the summer, and full percussion rehearsals after camp. Interested parties should email Bob Hanerhoff, Director of Bands, at hanerhoffrw@vvsd.org. twice a week rehearsals throughout the summer 2 week band camp starting July 22 M, T, Th throughout the season Most Saturdays
  7. Flip Folders

You can use rubber bands to wrap around the folder and keep it from flapping
  8. Show Titles and Music for 2019-20

Collinsville- "One Step Closer" Angels In The Architecture-Frank Ticheli Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin Original Music by ? (Will edit later)
  9. Flip Folders

Hello from Australia, Our band is considering the "Flip Folders" as per Musiciansfriend site. -Grover-Trophy 10 Window Flip Folio Folder. I would love to hear any feedback from bands that have or currently use the flip folder for their music on the march. We are undecided due to movement on the lyre and also the pages "flapping" once flipped over. Any comments would be appreciated. cheers Jeff Unley Concert band Adelaide Australia
  10. High Schools are starting to go on summer break, so that means most bands will be learning what their show is soon, or have already. Please post your show (or one you know of) below.
  11. Another VERY VERY early prediction (ISU)

This is correct, ISU has used this since switching from the class winners + remaining top 10 that weren't already included. They also switched from an all day judges panel that switches captions for finals to one set for 1A-4A and one set for 5A-6A/Finals.
  12. Congrats Evanston High School for winning 4A honor band at SuperState 2019!
  13. Another VERY VERY early prediction (ISU)

The next highest scores in any given class, so the next highest scores in ALL preliminary performances is how I understand it to be. I may be wrong but I believe that’s how it goes.
  14. Another VERY VERY early prediction (ISU)

This may not be quite right (but I'm not certain). The band who wins first place in each class automatically qualifies finals. But then it gets a little complicated. For Class 1A to 4A, the next three highest scores qualifies for finals, so a total of seven from 1A to 4A. For Class 5A and 6A, the next five highest scores (after the two first place bands) for those two classes qualifies for finals, so a total of 14.
  15. I wanted to insert my opinion on the other Illinois "State" competition, which is at Illinois State University. Again I will emphasize, as I did in my U of I prediction these are early and will change as the season evolves. I will predict the places in performance order, remember those who win first place in EACH class will automatically win a finals spot and then the next 8 with the highest scores in any given class will qualify for finals. I will not predict scores rather predict what bands have the strength (judged by past history) to qualify for finals and in what order they will finish. CONFIRMED ISU BAND LIST: https://finearts.illinoisstate.edu/band-day/ISMBC 2019 Participating Bands.pdf Preliminary Competition Class 2A Morton Limestone Community Metamora Class 1A Illinois Valley Central University Eureka Class 4A John Hersey Batavia Rock Island Class 3A Marian Catholic Galesburg Bloomington Class 6A Lincoln-Way Lockport Township Warren Township Class 5A Prospect Victor J Andrew HD Jacobs Finals Competition Lincoln-Way HS Marian Catholic HS Lockport Township HS Warren Township HS Lake Park HS Prospect HS John Hersey HS Downers Grove South HS Victor J Andrew HS Morton HS Galesburg HS Batavia HS Plainfield North HS Illinois Valley Central HS GRAND CHAMPION LINCOLN-WAY HS Disclaimer; I will update this again about 2-3 weeks into marching season and then again a week out from the invitational itself.
  16. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

You also put Bloomington in third in 3A and Galesburg in 2nd then put Bloomington in finals over Galesburg.
  17. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

Another bit of info regarding Warren, they're making some major changes to their program this year by extending the amount of rehearsal time they have per week. They also have a non-competitive marching band that will now perform at some football games alone as they train more rigorously for the competitive band. The head BD is retiring in the next few years, so they are preparing for the long haul.
  18. Paxton-Buckley-Loda High school is looking to hire 1 Marching Band Percussion Tech and 1 Color Guard Tech for the 2019 Marching Season. Camp dates are Monday thru Friday July 22 – Aug 2. Camp runs 0800 – 1600 and is on site at the High School in Paxton, IL. We are right off I57 and from Champaign you are looking at a 30 minute commute. Normal compensation is $1,000 for the two weeks. If the candidates are willing to work other mini-camp dates, that will be negotiated. Marching Percussion Tech would be responsible for teaching fundamental technique, develop warm-us, teach the music, and pass a background check. Color Guard Tech would be responsible for teaching fundamental technique, write and teach guard-work based on the 2019 show, and pass a background check. Interested parties, please contact by email for more information. Timothy Hess Director of Bands PBL High School trumpeter@pblpanthers.org
  19. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

I also do very much like the fact that they moved U of I and ISU to separate weekends again. Allows for some of the best programs to show their stuff at two high-caliber competitions.
  20. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

O'Fallon isn't coming because of BOA St. Louis being the same weekend. I was mildly surprised when I saw that they weren't going to U of I. I personally think that Warren Township will be a bit lower than most people have them predicted. Prospect, Lockport, Hersey, Lake Park, and Morton all will most likely finish higher than them in my opinion. Then again, Gurnee is the opposite corner of the state from me (basically, anyway) and they have shown great growth over the past couple of years. And of course, as a previous poster said: "I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois."
  21. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

Nice, I was on the fence about Rock Island, as their shows are pretty elaborate. I didn't know much about Romeoville though, took a chance with Paris. This all changes when the season starts (I can't wait!)
  22. Extremely early U of I predictions

I think any one of the first place has the sheer “power” to win grand champion. But I’d say 5a maybe 4a (but the depends on the weather)
  23. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

Risky to put Paris and even Limestone in finals over Rock Island or Romeoville, or even Galesburg. Rock Island is decent, Romeoville is big and typically doesn’t do too bad, and Galesburg is enjoy success in their entire music program with Andy Empey.
  24. The Normal Marching Band is seeking a color guard instructor/choreographer for the summer and fall of 2019. The band performs at multiple BOA/MFA events, Illinois State University, the University of Illinois, and a number of other festivals and competitions. Competitive marching band and/or drum corps experience preferred, and the ideal candidate would be located in central Illinois and available for a consistent schedule of evening rehearsals. Contact Ryan Budzinski at budzinsr@unit5.org for additional information or to express interest.
  25. Extremely early U of I predictions

Mirroring my statement in the ISU prediction, this is all super early, but I'll give it a cursory go. 1A Watseka is no stranger here, but Rushville-Industry has had some great showings as well. 2A I'm leaning towards Newton for the moment, but there are several contenders. 3A Mahomet-Seymour seems likely, but East Peoria has made steady improvements. 4A Bloomington, Galesburg, and Washington might be fighting this one out. 5A Plainfield North, Batavia, and Elkgrove are who I'd go with for now, not really sure who I'd favor. 6A DGS and Normal are who I'd look to initially, but there are a couple others that could close the gap. I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois.
  26. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

This far out, it's really hard to make much of a guess. At the moment, I'd say... 1A Any of the participants except Olympia, but they aren't completely ruled out by any means. 2A Changes at Morton make this interesting, but I'd still go with them at the moment. 3A Even with their "down" year in 2018, it's still Marian here. 4A I'll lean towards Hersey, but Rock Island and Romeoville are certainly possibilities. 5A Tough to call between Prospect and VJA, but history favors Prospect. 6A Lincoln-Way may take this, but Lockport is right up there. Personally hoping for a Lake Park comeback. Side note: O'Fallon may not be coming, neither may Herscher?? (This is especially surprising) I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois.
  27. Time for a change

I'm going to assume it's because it's cheaper for whomever to do so, unless I hear otherwise.
  1. Load more activity