Illinois Marching Online

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Extremely early U of I predictions

I think any one of the first place has the sheer “power” to win grand champion. But I’d say 5a maybe 4a (but the depends on the weather)
  3. Last week
  4. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

Risky to put Paris and even Limestone in finals over Rock Island or Romeoville, or even Galesburg. Rock Island is decent, Romeoville is big and typically doesn’t do too bad, and Galesburg is enjoy success in their entire music program with Andy Empey.
  5. The Normal Marching Band is seeking a color guard instructor/choreographer for the summer and fall of 2019. The band performs at multiple BOA/MFA events, Illinois State University, the University of Illinois, and a number of other festivals and competitions. Competitive marching band and/or drum corps experience preferred, and the ideal candidate would be located in central Illinois and available for a consistent schedule of evening rehearsals. Contact Ryan Budzinski at budzinsr@unit5.org for additional information or to express interest.
  6. Extremely early U of I predictions

Mirroring my statement in the ISU prediction, this is all super early, but I'll give it a cursory go. 1A Watseka is no stranger here, but Rushville-Industry has had some great showings as well. 2A I'm leaning towards Newton for the moment, but there are several contenders. 3A Mahomet-Seymour seems likely, but East Peoria has made steady improvements. 4A Bloomington, Galesburg, and Washington might be fighting this one out. 5A Plainfield North, Batavia, and Elkgrove are who I'd go with for now, not really sure who I'd favor. 6A DGS and Normal are who I'd look to initially, but there are a couple others that could close the gap. I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois.
  7. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

This far out, it's really hard to make much of a guess. At the moment, I'd say... 1A Any of the participants except Olympia, but they aren't completely ruled out by any means. 2A Changes at Morton make this interesting, but I'd still go with them at the moment. 3A Even with their "down" year in 2018, it's still Marian here. 4A I'll lean towards Hersey, but Rock Island and Romeoville are certainly possibilities. 5A Tough to call between Prospect and VJA, but history favors Prospect. 6A Lincoln-Way may take this, but Lockport is right up there. Personally hoping for a Lake Park comeback. Side note: O'Fallon may not be coming, neither may Herscher?? (This is especially surprising) I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois.
  8. Time for a change

I'm going to assume it's because it's cheaper for whomever to do so, unless I hear otherwise.
  9. Extremely early U of I predictions

I'd put Batavia in at 3rd for 5A, but who do you think takes grand champ/ gets the highest score.
  10. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

I would think finals would finish in this order: Lincoln-Way Marian Catholic Warren Township Prospect Lockport John Hersey Lake Park Morton HD Jacobs Eureka Bloomington Normal Plainfield North Paris Limestone
  11. Earlier
  12. The Lemont High School Marching Band is seeking a Head Front Ensemble Instructor for the 2019 summer and fall marching band season. An ideal candidate would have a strong background in the marching activity (including possible previous Head Front Ensemble Instruction Experience). Drum corps marching experience is also preferred but not required. Proficient concert/keyboard percussion skills necessary. This commitment includes: summer percussion sectional dates, band camps (end of May, end of June & end of July) and regular instruction at all evening and weekend rehearsals. During the fall, rehearsals are Monday/Wednesday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:30pm and Saturday rehearsals (or contests) at Lemont High School in Lemont, IL. Full calendar is available at lemontband.org To submit a resume or for more information and compensation details, contact Dave Nommensen at dnommensen@lhs210.net
  13. The Lemont High School Marching Band is seeking a Head Battery Instructor for the 2019 summer and fall marching band season. An ideal candidate would have a strong background in the marching activity (including possible previous Head Battery Instruction Experience). Drum corps marching experience is also preferred but not required. Proficient battery and concert/keyboard percussion skills necessary. This commitment includes: summer percussion sectional dates, band camps (end of May, end of June & end of July) and regular instruction at all evening and weekend rehearsals. During the fall, rehearsals are Monday/Wednesday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:30pm and Saturday rehearsals (or contests) at Lemont High School in Lemont, IL. Full calendar is available at lemontband.org To submit a resume or for more information and compensation details, contact Dave Nommensen at dnommensen@lhs210.net
  14. Extremely early U of I predictions

Take this all with a grain of salt, I’ll update it once the season is underway. Here’s the confirmed participants; https://www.bands.illinois.edu/imbc-confirmed-participants Class 1A 1st: Wateska 2nd: Rushville-Industry 3rd: Sullivan Class 2A 1st: IVC 2nd: Effingham 3rd: Sherrard Class 3A 1st: Mahomet-Seymour 2nd: East Peoria 3rd: Streator Class 4A 1st: Galesburg 2nd: Bloomington 3rd: Washington Class 5A 1st: Plainfield North 2nd: Elk Grove 3rd: AA Stagg Class 6A 1st: Downers Grove South 2nd: Minooka 3rd: Normal
  15. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

So who is in finals by your prediction?
  16. Time for a change

Somewhat interesting that the domain name was only renewed for one year last year. Domain Name: ILMARCHING.COM Registry Domain ID: 137808793_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com Updated Date: 2018-12-21T17:35:36Z Creation Date: 2004-12-20T16:25:14Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-12-20T16:25:14Z
  17. ISU Very Very Early Predictions

My predictions (1st, 2nd, 3rd in order for each class). 1A: Eureka , Paris, University 2A: Morton, Limestone, Morris 3A: Marian Catholic, Galesburg, Bloomington 4A: John Hersey, Romeoville, Rock Island 5A: Prospect, HD Jacobs, Plainfield North 6A: Lincoln-Way, Warren Township, Lockport
  18. The schedule for Illinois State's marching competition was just released the other day!! Even though most bands probably don't even have their shows yet, what are your early predictions for one of the biggest and most competitive event of the season? 2019 ISU Schedule: D3oVQDSXoAAfUBo.jpg_large
  19. Group travel planning

Just curious how much time it takes to plan/manage an overnight band trip? I work with a company that has been planning group travel for students for over 20 years. We are developing a website that will automate much of the manual work trip planners currently run into. It will offer benefits such as online payment management for travelers (no more chasing down payments from participants, all managed online). Online trip planning tools. Extensive knowledge in planning trips for students. Convienent message center to facilitate communication with your group. What other areas of pain do you incur when planning/managing trips? Thanks.
  20. Positions: Marching Band Instructional Staff (Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion, Colorguard) Where: Providence Catholic High School, New Lenox, IL When: Mid-June through the end of the marching season (October 26th) 2019. Providence Catholic HS is looking for individuals to teach marching brass, woodwinds, percussion, and colorguard during the summer and fall marching band season. The ideal candidates would be able to teach and instruct the students at our weekly rehearsals and sectionals throughout the summer and fall. Duties include running music sectionals, marching basics & technique, and assisting with full ensemble. Our weekly rehearsals during the school year for full band are usually on Monday afternoons from 3:00-5:30pm, and Wednesday evenings from 5:00-9:00pm. Candidates should also be able to attend Saturday camps and competitions. *Colorguard applicants should have experience writing equipment and dance work, as well as be proficient in delivering instruction to students. A full schedule of summer camps and fall dates is available upon request. Interested applicants should complete the online application on the schools website ( www.providencecatholic.org ), as well as send a music or colorguard resume/bio with prior experience and several references to Lawrence Rogers: Director of Bands, Providence Catholic HS. After completing the online application this info can be sent to lrogers@providencecatholic.org . WGI/DCI or former teaching experience is preferred but ultimately the ability to teach and lead students with a positive attitude and strong work ethic will be a determining factor.
  21. Change in Morton

A new director has been hired for Morton. Tim Gray
  22. Battery/Front Ensemble arranger available for Fall 2019 Over 20 years of writing experience (middle school, high school, college, and DCI) References and samples available upon request Very affordable rates to fit your budget Quick turnaround, from start to finish, of customized books that fit your specific music vision Contact Ben at # 815-217-5648 or benmusic@hotmail.com for details
  23. 2019 Marching Season

What I meant to say is that assuming Normal remains consolidated they will pull a Lincoln-Way situation where they grow to be a very successful and good band.
  24. 2019 Marching Season

Not sure what you mean by this...
  25. 2019 Marching Season

I agree with most of what you said, I will add though; I thinking Morton will continue their charge toward prosperity in their program and maybe even start if not overtake that of Marian Catholic. With the I also expect a growth in the program at Galesburg to take the place of Morton right now, both those schools could be fun to watch. Also yeah Lincoln-Way, O'Fallon Township, and Lockport will rule Illinois this coming year. Warren Township also a pretty good program with solid musicians. I expect to see Normal, assuming the stay consolidated, will pull in Lincoln-Way in the next one to two years and we will see them grow as a united program. United Township, Rock Island regions are always good programs as well as Dunlap and East Peoria I expect to see them maintain their musical talent. Then Grayslake North, Lakes Community (Lake County) will also likely thrive as they have consistently made finals or placed at competitions they went to. Washington Community will stay up there but again they faced threats from programs like Galesburg this year and they will again next year. I am excited to see who goes to both ISU and U of I this coming year given they are on different days, maybe we can get Prospect, O'Fallon, Victor J, Lockport, and Lincoln-way back to U of I and also see them again at ISU. Also interested to see the up and coming bands, the "bailouts" per say at top notch competitions like Lake Park, Downers Grove South, ISU, and even BOA. This will be a great season in that schools you'd never expect to see competing with Marian Catholic or O'Fallon Township will be giving them runs for their money all across the board. I think the most successful out of state band is probably Greendale, WI expect to see them back and killing it once again. With less than 5 months until the first programs start pulling finals strings and starting their seasonal training and such the anticipation is growing at an astounding rate. Good luck to all the programs this year for sure!
  26. 2019 Marching Season

Lincoln-Way to dominate again with O'fallon. Can Marion Catholic make a comeback after a somewhat disappointing season?? For small bands, Newton had a break-out season last year, and Mahomet-Seymour did great as well. Also, Edwardsville, Lockport, and Warren Township look to have even better seasons next year.
  27. Enroll now! The 15th Annual Belleville East Marching Invitational is scheduled for Saturday October 26, 2019. We are returning to a prelims/ finals format this year and we will also be honoring every senior member of each band in a special retreat at the end of prelims! Save your spot now by visiting www.lancerbands.org/onlineregistration. Registration is officially open until the festival fills up! We hope that you will make us part of your season! For questions, please email me at mtessereau@msn.com and I will be happy to talk with you. Sincerely, Mark A. Tessereau Director of Bands, Belleville East High School
  28. The Normal Community and Normal West Bands proudly announce the Normal Marching Band Invitational at Illinois Wesleyan University Saturday, October 12, 2019 Click here to apply online! Competitive classes are determined by band size. The Invitational will be held on the artificial turf at Illinois Wesleyan University's historic Tucci Stadium. We hope to see you on October 12! Lisa Preston, Lance Meadows, and Ryan Budzinski Additional information to be posted at www.normalmb.org when the event approaches, or email budzinsr@unit5.org.
  1. Load more activity