Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
fati dofi

Favorite Shows of 2007

Was going to start a new topic and say this but figured I'm better off just saying under this one.

The Morton parent's show was amazing tonight.

Your shows this fall, and tonight, are a true reflection of how hard you have been working, how dedicated you are, and how great of a job your teaching staff has been doing. I can tell that you go out there with the thought of "I HAVE A SHOW TO DO!, not, I HAVE to do a show. That kind of attitude will get you far in life.

On top of that, your performance shows what you think of your show, your directors, those around you, and more importantly, yourselves.

The stand-still was great. I was right by the trumpets so every time you guys would blast or turned around it gave me chills. One time you guys turned around in a ripple, not sure if it was intentional, but it was cool. Sounded like the THX thing in movie theaters. I actually had to wipe away a tear, a man tear dangit, after it was over.

I could not be more proud of you guys this year. It's amazing to come back and watch everyone and see how well you all do. It's also great to see my younger brother do this. I had fun mardching there and I know he will too.

Again, amazing job and I am looking forward to next year's show.

As far as out of state shows go, I really liked Center Grove's Show. I don't remember the name of it, but it was visual and musical. I also liked Timber Creek's Show. Don't remember their program name or where they are from, but their show incorporated Crazy Train in conjecture with other good musical selections. Their guard looked like...interesting. Not sure if they are up on youtube, but if they are, they are worth a look.

I agree, Center Grove's show was excellent, visually and musically. I also loved Carmel's show this year. It was called Boundaries...or maybe No Boundaries....not sure, it had something to do with Boundaries. But I think it really had the "wow" factor.

No one agrees w/ me but i liked tarpon springs show. they didnt do much actual marching but it was still good

Actually, several people agree with you. While not my favorite Tarpon show, I did enjoy it. Definately a different level of sophistication to the design of the show. I do wish they would get away from doing some of the same type of musical and visual moments year after year, though.