Illinois Marching Online

feel free to delete this topic once the issue is resolved, but I went to the homepage and it says the website has been hacked.

hehe, but most hackers only change the front page of a website they go to, and thankfully I favorited the page that says "click here to continue to the message board"

Seriously, who would want to hack a marching band website???

Hopefully ilmarching gets his email because I don't have any access to update the front site.

Like Dan said, try to come straight here because you don't know what kind of things are embeded on that page that was hacked.

Thanks dbalash for alerting me of this. No clue what kind of person hacks a marching band website, other than that they can. I am working on getting the wordpress part of the main page back up, but other than that, everything is back in order, and the website shouldn't give out any viruses (not sure that it did in the first place). Still not a bad reminder to do your anti-virus update, though :)

Looks like none of the underlying databases were altered... just the index.php file was changed. I'll look to see if I can find an obvious vulernability, but.... it's not worth my time to chase after some punk that would hack a HS marching band website with $0 to make on the venture.

Sigh.

Go to the messageboard page http://ilmarching.com/messageboard.php if you need access to the site. You can still access anything except for the news page.

I don't understand why in the hell someone would hack a moderately trafficked site, especially one that's pretty dead in the offseason.

Also, make sure spyware/anti-virus is up to date.

Guest robes-and-swd

This is kinda weird too.

I didn't login because I was worried about virus stuff, yet it's letting me post as an "unregistered user" without logging in, simply by hitting the "reply" button in a thread.

Odd.

This is kinda weird too.

I didn't login because I was worried about virus stuff, yet it's letting me post as an "unregistered user" without logging in, simply by hitting the "reply" button in a thread.

Odd.

guests can post in the moderation/technical help forums.

I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about on the message board, however.

Ya the forums have been untouched. In fact if I am not mistaken, the forums and the website are on 2 different servers. Also, on the main site...I doubt any malicious files were placed on the server..it appears someone just replaced the index. People need to find something to occupy their time pretty much...cuz if they are bored enough to hack us....well then....thats just sad.

it shouldn't have any viruses. These are the type of hackers that like to just change the main page to a "HA HA HA, I Hacked You Page". I don't think it is meant to destroy, rather than just annoy and self promote. I wouldn't worry about damage to you machine....but it sure is annoying not having the main page...we are working on getting ILMarching to fix it as soon as we can.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this