Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
DesignedForBand

Shows for 2007

Just a reminder from your friendly contributor:

make sure that your director has given the ok to post your show on different band forums. Many band directors are not happy when the show is leaked prior to when they want in announced.

:)

A smart band director won't tell the students until he or she is ready for it to be released. :)

Yes, but many band directors do not want it announced until the fall season is in full gear... so obviously the students are going to know before then... so the students have to keep quiet ;)

United Township H.S.

1000 Airplanes on the Roof by Philip Glass

Flower Duet from Lakme by Leo Delibes

Suggestion Diabolique by Sergei Prokofiev

Firebird by Igor Stravinsky

:D

I keed, I keed...

United Township H.S.

1000 Airplanes on the Roof by Philip Glass

Flower Duet from Lakme by Leo Delibes

Suggestion Diabolique by Sergei Prokofiev

Firebird by Igor Stravinsky

:D

I keed, I keed...

wouldnt that be the 2008 show?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I now welcome any pertinent dialogue to join this thread, as it started out that way with the first few posts, but was rudely interrupted.

If you couldn't have said it better yourself, why did you try?

Let's keep this thread to actual shows, not shows that you think would be funny or shots at other bands.

Thanks!

Perhaps a another good move would be to delete this thread, or move this information to the thread about 2007 shows that existed before DFB decided to start this new one, for no apparent reason. That is, unless we're all allowed to start threads that are already on the board, just because we are either too lazy to read the other threads or for no other good reason.

I've gone ahead and taken the liberty of updating the thread that was originally posted by EHSMello regarding 2007 show themes, before this random thread with the same topic was started by DFB.

Yes - we can all start threads that may have been started already.

For the record - I didn't see the other 2007 show thread that EHSMello had started. I meant to "dig" at EHSMello by starting this thread. I guess that robes could have brought this up earlier or to me in a PM rather than poking fun at United Township HS and their devoted students for performing successful shows - and mocking the fact that they performed one show that Phantom Regiment did.

I have no problem if we go to the other thread - it doesn't matter to me - as I think we should all start looking forward to another great year in IL Marching bands! I see robes has already posted the Marian show on that thread that I posted here 20 days ago. That's great. I say get the word out to all!

I'm looking forward to another great year!

I guess that robes could have brought this up earlier or to me in a PM rather than poking fun at United Township HS and their devoted students for performing successful shows - and mocking the fact that they performed one show that Phantom Regiment did.

Oh, my bad. Sorry about that. I'll PM next time. We can have a nice chat.

And my joke about UT has nothing to do with the devoted students in that program, it had more to do with the staff that selected the show. Just like I'm sure your absolute slamming of the Cavaliers has nothing to do with the dedicated students (high school and college alike) that have performed for the Cavaliers, but moreso with the staff that produces shows that you don't like.

Hope that clears things up for you.

And hopefully that will be the end of this insiduous JOKING that goes on over this board. I'll join in the fight against humor!! Who's with me, comrades??

I guess that robes could have brought this up earlier or to me in a PM rather than poking fun at United Township HS and their devoted students for performing successful shows - and mocking the fact that they performed one show that Phantom Regiment did.

Oh, my bad. Sorry about that. I'll PM next time. We can have a nice chat.

And my joke about UT has nothing to do with the devoted students in that program, it had more to do with the staff that selected the show. Just like I'm sure your absolute slamming of the Cavaliers has nothing to do with the dedicated students (high school and college alike) that have performed for the Cavaliers, but moreso with the staff that produces shows that you don't like.

Hope that clears things up for you.

And hopefully that will be the end of this insiduous JOKING that goes on over this board. I'll join in the fight against humor!! Who's with me, comrades??

I for one, enjoy a good fight on these boards once in a while. Just not every day, please. :)

Effingham H.S.

Heartbeat, Key Poulan

Just out of curiousity, is this the same basic show that Edwardsville did in 05? I seem to remember that being a Key Poulan show as well.

I think you are correct. Normal Community also did this show last fall.

Key Poulan, the new marching show concepts of music LOL

Effingham H.S.

Heartbeat, Key Poulan

Just out of curiousity, is this the same basic show that Edwardsville did in 05? I seem to remember that being a Key Poulan show as well.

I think you are correct. Normal Community also did this show last fall.

Key Poulan, the new marching show concepts of music LOL

Bleh! :P

Effingham H.S.

Heartbeat, Key Poulan

You are correct, we (Edwardsville) did that in '05 and we have stuck with his shows ever since '04.