Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
flags4fun

Winterguard

Richwoods, Effingham and Dwight also have winterguards. They have been competing with IDTA for years.

I guess we could argue if Effinham is really central Il or Southern (LOL). There are several winter guards in southern IL as well.

From what I've heard IDTA stopped offering a "color guard" division so many units have switched, or are going to switch, to the Midwest Color Guard Circuit.

IDTA has not stopped offering a flag division, but it is starting to dwindle. There is also a new competition circuit called the Team Dance Illinois which offers flag categories.

Both of these circuits are much much much different than the Midwest Colorguard Circuit (which is the guard venue I would reccommend) These still have "Tall Flag" and "short flag" categories. There are alot more parameters on equipment and movement than in the MCC.

As far as Effingham....not really Central IL, but they have a winter program.

Morton had a winterguard for the first time last year and made a good intro into winter performance. I wonder how they will do this year.

I think it is still up in the air if Normal West is having a winterguard. I really enjoyed their Fall season performances. If they compete this winter. It should be pretty good.

Time to gear up to go see some Winterguard shows.

Does anyone know of Morton's competition schedule?

Also, what's up in Normal? They're listed as Normal Independent this year.

The schedules for Midwest circuit shows are not posted past next week.

Some of the girls in my classes are in it. They practice at both facilities however, I don't know who the official "sponsor" is. One of the staffers that used to teach at Community is working with them.

I haven't officially seen them, but the kids I know that are involved are having alot of fun so that is good!

Normal Community and Normal West have combined programs to form one winterguard.

Under the direction of Dan? Or Lisa? Or a combination thereof?

I believe it's both but I could be wrong.

Normal Community and Normal West have combined programs to form one winterguard.

Under the direction of Dan? Or Lisa? Or a combination thereof?

I believe it's both but I could be wrong.

Dan is a judge in the MidWest circuit, so he probably does not have direct affiliation. Or at least he shouldn't. :) Unless he judges shows that Normal is not attending.