4:20PM Lincoln Way Central

4:34PM Brother Rice/St. Laurence

4:48PM Warren Township

5:02PM Downers Grove South

5:16PM Lincoln-Way East

5:30PM Lake Park

5:44PM Naperville North

5:58PM Waubonsie Valley

6:12PM - ISU BIG RED MARCHING MACHINE!!!!

6:30PM - Class 5A/6A Awards

6:40PM - Announcement of Finalists

7:30PM - Finals Begin

i pridict that I will barly make it to the LWs, LP, and Marian's performanced in Finals since NU's homecoming game is that afternoon and i need to get my carless butt from evanston to bloomington. I figure that i need to be there by around 9 PM to see them.

yeah, it's gonna be hard for two AA bands to make it, since bands that preform earlier usually get remembered least. But i wouldn't be suprised. Murphysboro really impressed me last year. And I see them doing better then they did last year

You have two class AA schools listed in finals? You think so? I agree they are both superb, however the 2A scores tend to be lower than they necessarily should be in my opinion

The top 9 bands are based on my head.

The 10th band is based on my heart, because I'd really like to see Murphysboro rewarded for what they do. However, it will probably end up being another 6A band or Lemont with that spot.

Even though it's way too early, I'm gonna speculate.

1A: Eureka

2A: Morton

3A: Marian

4A: UT (This one is fuzzy)

5A: VJA (This one fuzzy as well)

6A: Lake Park (75% sure)

Finals...not sure. Marian will probably be grand champion.

1A: Eureka

2A: Morton

3A: Marian Catholic

4A: United Township

5A: Victor J. Andrew

6A: Lincoln-Way East

I basically agree with the finals predictions made by robes-and-swd. B)

1A Eureka

2A Morton

3A Marian

4A United Township

5A Wheaton Warrenville South

6A Lincoln Way East

I think 1A, 3A, and 4A are locks. I'm guessing 2A, 5A, and 6A can swing another way.

Finals:

1st - Marian

2nd - LWE

3rd - Lake Park

4th - Lincoln Way Central

5th - United Township

6th - Wheaton Warrenville South

7th - Naperville North

8th - Victor J. Andrew

9th - Warren Township

10th - Waubonsie Valley

11th - Eureka

1A Eureka

2A Morton

3A Marian

4A United Township

5A Wheaton Warrenville South

6A Lincoln Way East

I think 1A, 3A, and 4A are locks. I'm guessing 2A, 5A, and 6A can swing another way.

Finals:

1st - Marian

2nd - LWE

3rd - Lake Park

5th - United Township

7th - Naperville North

8th - Victor J. Andrew

9th - Warren Township

10th - Waubonsie Valley

11th - Eureka

If Morton wins 2A wouldn't they place somewhere in finals? You fail to include them in your finals predictions.

oh yea - I had them in there and was re-doing it and forgot!

Like this:

1st - Marian

2nd - LWE

3rd - Lake Park

5th - United Township

7th - Naperville North

8th - Morton

9th - Victor J. Andrew

10th - Warren Township

11th - Eureka

This is obviously a bit premature, as there hasn't even been a single Fall 2006 competition yet. I agree that past performance is somewhat a predictor of future performance/ placings at ISU, seeing as many of the same bands are in finals each year. So, based on the past few years...

Shoe-ins

Eureka - any reason to believe they won't win their class yet again?

Morton OR Murphysboro - Saw Morton at ISU finals last year. Very entertaining. Can a band/school that size repeat, or were they a flash in the pan? We'll find out. I heard the Murphysboro gave Morton a run. Only 1 of these 2 will likely make finals - sorry, too early to get the scores up that high, although it almost happened last year.

Marian Catholic - as always

United Township - The only one from 4A to make finals - won't have much competition.

WWS OR Andrew - Usually an interesting battle. One will win 5A, the other might make finals.

LP/LWE/LWC - The top 3 - all will be in finals - they always seem to be

That's 8 shoe-in's, with Eureka and perhaps Morton/Murph not in the top 10. So here who might be on the bubble..

On the Bubble

Lemont - no more automatic bid, since Marian is now in their class. But, if they perform like last year, could get an at-large bid.

WWS/Andrew - Whoever doesn't win 5A. Both of these bands have made many ISU finals.

Naperville North - I don't want to be mean, but... they are far from my favorite & I don't understand why they score so high, but I will give them credit - there show design has allowed them to place consistantly well at ISU, despite what I would call a very low level of demand, especially visually. Their director is the smartest guy on the planet, though, as the judges love his designs & the band executes well enought to get the credit. As they are perrenial finalists and they almost managed to win ISU finals last year :o (there would have been a riot if that happened), I'd give them a high probability of making finals.

Naperville Central - Made finals once. Have come close a few other times.

Warren - Have made finals a number of times. Have just missed several other times. They seems to either just miss finals or just make finals.

Waubonsie Valley - Made finals once. Very competetive with all of the top bands in Illinois.

If only 3 or 4 of the 5 bubble bands make finals, there will be some very good bands that don't make finals - not unlike last year.

1st - Marian

2nd - LWE

3rd - Lake Park

5th - United Township

7th - Lemont

8th - NN

9th - Morton

10th - Warren Township

11th - Eureka

lets just see how lake park goes...

Shoe-ins

Morton OR Murphysboro - Saw Morton at ISU finals last year.  Very entertaining.  Can a band/school that size repeat, or were they a flash in the pan? We'll find out.  I heard the Murphysboro gave Morton a run.  Only 1 of these 2 will likely make finals - sorry, too early to get the scores up that high, although it almost happened last year.

Unfortunately, you may be correct about early times getting lower scores. Problem is, if the judging is good that shouldn't happen. Scores should be consistent and fair throughout the day. We'll see what happens.

1st - Marian

2nd - LWE

3rd - Lake Park

5th - United Township

7th - Lemont

8th - NN

9th - Morton

10th - Warren Township

11th - Eureka

lets just see how lake park goes...

i'm just going to do finalist, because at this point, it's crazy to even think to begin about placements.

i'm just going to go by classes

eureka, morton, marian, united township, victory j. andrew, wheaton warrenville, lake park, lincoln-way eat, lincoln-way central, naperville north, waubonsie valley, warren

i think lemont can make finals, i just want to see their show before i go ahead and say, "oh yeah, they'll make finals and beat X number of bands"

i also find it interesting that people are leaving victor j. off some lists. while yes, they didn't have the best showing last year, up until then, they had finished in the top 5 the previous 3 years, and been in finals i think since 93 maybe? isuquinn, you'd probably know better than us. but again, lets just wait and see how the joust and other competitions go before we go ranking bands.

i'm just happy to see that there is an excellent panel at ISU this year. I think all bands should/will get a great read on their show and hopefully the bands that continue on to BOA will be able to use their comments to tweak their shows to the max

i think lemont can make finals, i just want to see their show before i go ahead and say, "oh yeah, they'll make finals and beat X number of bands"

Thanks! Lemont is working very hard to make finals at ISU. Of course there was some initial shock and dismay over Marian being moved down in to 3A but the band has accepted it and are moving forward. The goal is the same as in years past...put on the best performance they can and not to forget to have fun along the way. Last year Lemont scored well enough to get into Finals without the 3A win. The game plan is to do the same again.

Only the first 2 movements will be performed at Lake Park.

Best of Luck to all the bands this year.

1st - Marian

2nd - LWE

3rd - Lake Park

4th - Wheaton Warrenville South

5th - VJA

6th - United Township

7th - LWC

8th - Naperville North

9th - Morton

10th - Warren Township

11th - Eureka

I think 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th could all be a toss up depending on how the season goes for all the bands. The top 3 in my opinion are locked in.

As much as I love Eureka and believe we graduating Seniors left the band in good hands...Robinson will pose problems. They are tough from what I hear. They beat Mater Dei and Newton at last years Effingham Comp. If Eureka can focus and have a good show like 2004 when they beat Mater Dei by .9 of a point, then they have a shot. Eureka is good and loves class 1A, but Robinson shouldnt be overlooked.