Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
MHSeraoh

Pekin's Director

From what I've heard, she's been out of school for a couple years, has been teaching (percussion, I believe) at Roosevelt Magnet in Peoria, and originally hails from up around Chicago (I think she went to high school at Stagg, but I'm not sure about college).

Hopefully she'll be successful there...the program seems to have suffered a bit in recent years, and it would be nice to see someone turn it around!

Yes, Karli Skelton is doing great things for the Pekin Band program. I'm a sophomore at Pekin this year, and the whole band program is starting to get back on the map. In fact, the Jazz Band won the State of Illinois Jazz Band Competition at ISU this past spring. Our marching band this year should do very well, even though we took 4th this past Saturday at Washington. We should have our closer's drill out together on the field by Geneseo, hoping possibly this Saturday by Morton.

tonight at the mid-illini festival i got to see pekin for the first time, and i was definitely happy with their show. they had some really clean stuff going on. good to see it.
Thank you so much. It is really great to hear from our fellow bands, espically Morton. We've worked really hard and we should have our closer finished on field for your competition this Saturday. Btw your show was amazing on Monday.

Washington just recently got a new assistant director...
yeah Mrs. R (can't spell the whole name) used to direct at morton. she was amazing i'm sure she's bringing some great stuff to washington. They sounded REALLY good at mid-illini btw. i loved the theme :ph34r:

^^ninjas are pretty cool

EDIT: wow didn't even check how old that post was. that prolly made no sense to anyone

well she's the new SOMETHING at washington i think lol

morton got a new assistant director, Ms Bendy. she's pretty darn cool if i say so myself. haha. definitely not as hyper active as the rest of our staff, but im sure she'll get there. HAHA. lot's of change this year for marching bands, huh?