Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
MbBaby1104

How is everything so far?

well...i've had a lil bit of band camp so far...i'm not happy that i'm a senior this year...it is kind of sad...i have come to learn to like it over the years....i hope you all do too..and hope to see all of you during the season

Speaking of Heat, did everyone hear how the police cancelled the Cavaliers and Capital Regiments practices cus it was too hot?

Really? Wow. Maybe they'll stop our practices too....... B)

We got about half our show done, so around 50 sets. Its 1 week long and we go to Eastern Illinois University, so theres not much else going on besides band.

In the past couple years it has varied but it usually ends up around half or 2/3 of the show.

At Eureka it has been absolutely scorching up until today (camp for us started monday) and with highs in the upper 90's and heat indexes of 115 or so it was pretty insane but we've all managed to survive and learn about half of our show still so i'd say camp's been going pretty good. tomorrow is our last day when we perform what we've learned for the parents. we generally learn about half of our show too.

My high school's marching band (Watseka) was at Eastern Illinois University the same week as Morton, and thank heavens it wasn't as hot as the week following. There were four bands who were having their camps at EIU during that week of 100+ degree temperatures!

Although I graduated, I'm kinda on staff now, so I was around for band camp. I was very pleased with how the ensemble marched and played so I think that this will be a good year for my old high school. If you pay attention to the competition in small band classes, keep your eye on Watseka!

My high school's marching band (Watseka) was at Eastern Illinois University the same week as Morton, and thank heavens it wasn't as hot as the week following. There were four bands who were having their camps at EIU during that week of 100+ degree temperatures!

Although I graduated, I'm kinda on staff now, so I was around for band camp. I was very pleased with how the ensemble marched and played so I think that this will be a good year for my old high school. If you pay attention to the competition in small band classes, keep your eye on Watseka!

kinda on staff?!?!?! you are or u arent...or are you one of the grads who hangs around all the time thinkin they are? just a staff wannabe? just askin

My high school's marching band (Watseka) was at Eastern Illinois University the same week as Morton, and thank heavens it wasn't as hot as the week following.  There were four bands who were having their camps at EIU during that week of 100+ degree temperatures!

Although I graduated, I'm kinda on staff now, so I was around for band camp.  I was very pleased with how the ensemble marched and played so I think that this will be a good year for my old high school.  If you pay attention to the competition in small band classes, keep your eye on Watseka!

kinda on staff?!?!?! you are or u arent...or are you one of the grads who hangs around all the time thinkin they are? just a staff wannabe? just askin

Hmmm....see your point....maybe a little harsh in how you said it though.

My high school's marching band (Watseka) was at Eastern Illinois University the same week as Morton, and thank heavens it wasn't as hot as the week following.  There were four bands who were having their camps at EIU during that week of 100+ degree temperatures!

Although I graduated, I'm kinda on staff now, so I was around for band camp.  I was very pleased with how the ensemble marched and played so I think that this will be a good year for my old high school.  If you pay attention to the competition in small band classes, keep your eye on Watseka!

To that kind of rash response, I can only say that I am both. I am a temporary percussion instructor as well as one of those graduates who is a staff wannabe.

Basically, I'm getting valuable teaching experience, so I would appreciate you being a little less critical.

kinda on staff?!?!?!  you are or u arent...or are you one of the grads who hangs around all the time thinkin they are?  just a staff wannabe?  just askin

Its been a while since BandisFun was making rude posts.

(think of Bob Goldwaite in that John Cusak filck)

BandisFun, were you that nerdy grad that always hung around acting the part but was never asked to be on staff?

Sounds like tenorman was asked to be part of their team.

Were you always picked last for kickball, BandisFun?

this is off topic but my dad was reading over my sister and thought that the picture was for the prevention of barber shop quartets... very different that preservation... yes band camp was very hot and we got 1st movement done which was 14 sets, in 3 days, and spent thursday and friday cleaning.

Only 14 sets in your first movement? Really?

this is off topic but my dad was reading over my shoulder and thought that the picture was for the prevention of barber shop quartets... very different that preservation... yes band camp was very hot and we got 1st movement done which was 14 sets, in 3 days, and spent thursday and friday cleaning.

Hahahaha!!! No, I'm an avid barbershopper and wouldn't think of ever preventing barbershop. :):D