Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Firebrand

CAVIES 06

Staight from the Cavaliers

The 2006 Cavaliers present:

MACHINE

The deceptively rhythmic processes of simple machines and the ominous presence of compound automation from the past, present and future will be revealed on the field this summer by the Green Machine. The program, presented with 72 brass, 32 color guard and 28 percussion, will be adapted from the music of Marco Beltrami and Wynton Marsalis.

The foreboding nature of MACHINE allows The Cavaliers to aggressively explore new realms of effect. The production will boldly demand a fierce and threatening intensity from the performers, as they bring to life a program that pursues a new edge in design.

What do you think about this?

sounds like it gives them a strong base to work off of. I'd look for another impressive season out of them as always....best of luck to all who are auditioning in 2? weeks!

Well, everybody wants to do something new and inventive, so How true that'll end up being, we can't tell just yet. It's seems like it'd be a very drill heavy show, not to mention, prop heavy. It'd be cool if they built working machines throughout the show.

Sounds like a good concept.

It's going to be like the 007 show and be depending more on the high brass. But it's still going to be cool. Go Green Machine!

Ok...how can you possibly make that assumption. Nothing more is known about the show then what they posted on their website. It is doubtful much of the music is even arranged yet. Who knows what to expect.

I would honestly rather it be nothing like the 007 show or the Chicago my kind of town show. Didn't like Chicago that much, and the 007 was cool, but I wouldn't want to see it go that direction again.

This show sounds like it could be real good. I didn't really like My Kind of Town either, but it had its high points(the mellos going onto the ladders was pretty awesome). I hope the show will be something thats good enough to compaire with Frameworks

Staight from the Cavaliers

The 2006 Cavaliers present:

MACHINE

The deceptively rhythmic processes of simple machines and the ominous presence of compound automation from the past, present and future will be revealed on the field this summer by the Green Machine. The program, presented with 72 brass, 32 color guard and 28 percussion, will be adapted from the music of Marco Beltrami and Wynton Marsalis.

The foreboding nature of MACHINE allows The Cavaliers to aggressively explore new realms of effect. The production will boldly demand a fierce and threatening intensity from the performers, as they bring to life a program that pursues a new edge in design.

What do you think about this?

The archaic art of Drum Corps continues to decay with tacky show concepts.

The archaic art of Drum Corps continues to decay with tacky show concepts.

I thought you left...The art is evolving, love it or LEAVE IT ALONE COMPLETELY.

Both of you, play nice. :ph43r:

If you really want to get into an arugment about the evolution of Drum Corps, I would suggest Drum Corp's Planet's forums, where you can debate that issue to your heart's content.