Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
IVCBenry

LW district splitting again???

http://s2.invisionfree.com/ilmarching/inde...0entry3298971

already posted a thing there but ill explain here

i was up in Oak lawn and one of my uncles who lives in Frankfort Illinois ( LW east) said that the school district might split again making a N,S,E,W of LW's which would be crazy......anyone know if that is true????

message me if you know anything ill forget to check in this bulliton area...(not from chicago)

There were some LW people on the board about 6 or 7 months ago that were talking about it, so I think it's probably going to happen. It may hurt the music program (though, the students don't have to let it!), but it should allow for more manageable class sizes, etc.

I'd assume the district would continue to split (being a huge and growing area).

Just imagine 6A at ISU (as each LW will be more than enough for this class, I believe)! 1st Place: Lincoln-Way EAST HIGH SCHOOL! 2nd place: Lincoln-Way CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL! 3rd place: Lincoln-Way WEST HIGH SCHOOL! 4th place: Lincoln-Way SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL! and in 5th place: Lincoln-Way NORTH HIGH SCHOOL!

Not likely but it would be funny!

I'd assume the district would continue to split (being a huge and growing area). 

Just imagine 6A at ISU (as each LW will be more than enough for this class, I believe)!  1st Place: Lincoln-Way EAST HIGH SCHOOL! 2nd place: Lincoln-Way CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL! 3rd place: Lincoln-Way WEST HIGH SCHOOL! 4th place: Lincoln-Way SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL! and in 5th place: Lincoln-Way NORTH HIGH SCHOOL!

Not likely but it would be funny!

Within 2 years, Lincoln-Way East will be at capacity. In 2006-2007, the school will have adapted a schedule where Juniors and Seniors start at 7:00 AM and end at 1:30, while sophomores and freshman will start at 8:50 and end after 3:00. Lincoln-Way North is set to open its doors in either the fall of 2008 or 2009. There are not plans for five schools, but it is projected that a possible West or South campus could be constructed, as Lincoln-Way Central will be at capacity by 2010. With an airport and a large plot of land owned by the Mall of America near Manhattan, one can expect as many as five schools by the time Manhattan grows. All of the middle school programs would be able to support a high school program (As all high schools would serve one town, except Lincoln-Way East which would be "fed" by Mokena and Frankfort junior high schools).

As far as band goes, it is better that the programs split now and rebuild. The bands will finally thrive once the schools have split. With five schools, each would have around 2000 students, which represents a model Illinois high school. The music programs will be able to grow without the different splits occuring.

I usually don't post on these forums, as it is not the "Lincoln-Way", but it was necessary that you were informed by a reliable source.

There are not plans for five schools, but it is projected that a possible West or South campus could be constructe.

LW is holding the land on US-52 for a possible split within central around the same time as the split at east. The district expects another split to occur there when manhappening has the growth spurt that has hit square in the last 5-10 years. They have the land on 52, they've sold the central baseball/soccer fields on 30 and (i think) schoolhouse and bought more land on the side of central to move the fields there. they also still own (i havent heard/read that they sold it) land at 191st and harlem in tinley, and well as the new 'north' campus at harlem and vollmer. they are expecting a 4th and 5th school, just not definate plans on it yet. (as per the star newspaper in a group of articles from the summer, i just dont have the time/energy to find all the links right now)

alright...man thats one HUGE district.....but man that would be sweet just for like a year you know.....top 5 at ISU all lincoln ways.......

before LW split in 2001, it was the largest HS in the great state of illinois (i do not know if that includes private schools or not tho)

Now its Morton High School, but not the one from Central IL that we talk about here...the one from Berwyn-Cicero. 7721 students...OMG.

Thats 8 Mortons. Or 15 Eurekas. That's incredible. That's even 2.25 Lincoln Way Easts.

any idea's on mascot's for the new schools?

how 'bout a white ghost? the design can actually look scary and tough....unlke the stay puft marshmellow grey ghost we see elsewhere

How about the LW Klansmen. I think it's catchy.

how 'bout a white ghost? the design can actually look scary and tough....unlke the stay puft marshmellow grey ghost we see elsewhere

How about the LW Klansmen. I think it's catchy.

isnt siam close enough to a cult?

I feel rather obliged to respond to this after the "LW Klansmen" post. Lincoln-Way is not the racist school district that the media portrayed it as this past school year. Furthermore, the incident that raised the question of racism in the school system was delt with in a timely fashion. Every school has the delusional students who think that they represent Southern tradition or think that they support the Confederate mindset. To make reference to this on a public message board is a rather tactless thing to do. I hope that no one is under the impression that Lincoln-Way High School District 210 is discriminatory in any way, shape, or form.

Siam...ask no questions, I'll tell no lies.

BillyIdol-

Rather, we CHOOSE not to disclose what we know. A cult? Maybe...

I feel rather obliged to respond to this after the "LW Klansmen" post. Lincoln-Way is not the racist school district that the media portrayed it as this past school year. Furthermore, the incident that raised the question of racism in the school system was delt with in a timely fashion. Every school has the delusional students who think that they represent Southern tradition or think that they support the Confederate mindset. To make reference to this on a public message board is a rather tactless thing to do. I hope that no one is under the impression that Lincoln-Way High School District 210 is discriminatory in any way, shape, or form.

Siam...ask no questions, I'll tell no lies.

No, it was just a joke.

YSSLP is/was more harmful when it was in full-effect. Thankfully, those dark days for the Lincoln-Way band program are now over.

SIAM!

hey were the grey ghosts....dont screw with us B) :ph43r:

SIAM = Splooie = SUTA = every other word or phrase that people are always asking what the meaning is. the meaning is for the members to know and for everyone else to wonder about, if you want to know, join the group (I guess a little hard for people to join LW unless you live in district but I think you get my point)

SIAM = Splooie = SUTA = every other word or phrase that people are always asking what the meaning is. the meaning is for the members to know and for everyone else to wonder about, if you want to know, join the group (I guess a little hard for people to join LW unless you live in district but I think you get my point)

Give me a break. I know what it is and I was never a member.

Give me a break. I know what it is and I was never a member.

somethings are not meant for others to know, i'm sorry for your sake that you do, having never experienced what it really means, but only knowing