Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
MbBaby1104

Anyone know their show for next year?

why can't marching band be all year..i mean we can end the season...then like start again and have fun..i mean it would be cool...that way we don't have to scramble getting our 3rd song on and sucking at it. well this year it was the first song..but..who all knows their show for next year?

~Katie

why can't marching band be all year..i mean we can end the season...then like start again and have fun..i mean it would be cool...that way we don't have to scramble getting our 3rd song on and sucking at it. well this year it was the first song..but..who all knows their show for next year?

~Katie

Well, as much as i would love to have the marching season all year long, i think that it is best for our health, (bones and muscles wise), because the last two weeks of the season my legs and my body was falling apart, i think we need a break. I think that we should take like 3 months off and then get started with the music and maybe some physical exersises once and a while, the only problem with this is that the incoming freshman will have to come to, essecially since some bands have auditions and stuff. Anyway that was my 84cents. :ph43r: :\

Used to be, the last thing we did in concert band during the school year was sight-read the music for the next year's marching band show. Does anyone still do this?

~Katie

No idea what our show is for next year. We don't find out till like Spring or something. And I also think marching should be all year. My friends and I thought it would be cool to combine our brass line, drum line, pit, and color guard with that of another school's and make a small drum corps just for fun before the marching band season starts.

~Katie

No idea what our show is for next year. We don't find out till like Spring or something. And I also think marching should be all year. My friends and I thought it would be cool to combine our brass line, drum line, pit, and color guard with that of another school's and make a small drum corps just for fun before the marching band season starts.

You will know next years show sooner than the spring this year....probably in the next month.

Used to be, the last thing we did in concert band during the school year was sight-read the music for the next year's marching band show. Does anyone still do this?

yeah, we do. We don't find out the show untill after our end of the year concert.

I don't know what our show for next year is. but our directors have a good idea. and wont tell us because if they do, then it will be like last year and everyone will know at like homecoming. i know its done a lot but i still wanna do star wars. but when we talked to mr. carlin he said he had done it in like 98'. but i still wanna do it...

I don't know what our show for next year is. but our directors have a good idea. and wont tell us because if they do, then it will be like last year and everyone will know at like homecoming. i know its done a lot but i still wanna do star wars. but when we talked to mr. carlin he said he had done it in like 98'. but i still wanna do it...

It was actually '97, my freshman year. The Show title was "Great Moments in Cinema," and was pretty much Star Wars at the beginning and end with other John Williams in between. It was a good show, it got Rock Island its first Grand Championship in school history at the Geneseo competition. 1998 was Evita.

Edwardsville's show next year is called "Nightmares"

it consists of music from the nightmare before christmas and other halloween themed music....i have heard that our props will be awesome and the show is going to be amazing if we can pull it off

Yeah, it's a joke. Stan Kenton's Cuban Fire was done by Morton inthe 80's when Mr. Potter was around. The next years will be guarented amazing. Watch out for Morton again next year.

Morton's staff will do everything it can to ensure the show is amazing, but only hard work will truly give others something to "watch out for".

You know, I do know a kid with yard lines in his back yard (Howel). So some are never done with marching band. It's just kind of hard to let go of something you enjoy so much, you must know the feeling? Concert band is fun (certain members of the MHS concert band play their Nintendo DS during it) but not as excititng as running around a field while playing music. Life is a little more boring without marching band.

R.I.P.

2005 MARCHING BAND SEASON

We hardly knew thee.

:(

You know, I do know a kid with yard lines in his back yard (Howel). So some are never done with marching band. It's just kind of hard to let go of something you enjoy so much, you must know the feeling? Concert band is fun (certain members of the MHS concert band play their Nintendo DS during it) but not as excititng as running around a field while playing music. Life is a little more boring without marching band.

R.I.P.

2005 MARCHING BAND SEASON

We hardly knew thee.

:(

You can't truely have a solid marching band program without a solid concert band program.

It may not be as exciting from a physical stand point, but this is the greatest opportunity to really get into music as well as learn and perfect your instrument.

Take the opportunity now, it will only make marching band that much better next fall.

You're right. You need to play between marching seasons to be good. And yes, I'm in concert band. I'm also in madrigal brass, and I'm going to try out for jazz band, so I'll have plenty of time to improve. Another reason I'm not the biggest fan of concert band was because of my experience last year. Morton divides their band into two, Symphonic Band and Concert. Symphonic is obviously the "honors" band, while concert band is for everyone else. Since I was third best tuba that year, I was sent to concert band. But your right, concert band is the key.