Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
akagi

props and tarps?

Look at the 5A class at ISU.........I don't remember WWS and Collinsville......but I don't think Wheaton North, UT, VJA, or Joliet used any props either...........did they? that was way too long ago for my memory to kick in!

From what I remember, UT and VJA never use props or tarps or sets - but UT, on occassion will have the guard use some sort of "toy" in the show.

In 2002 VJA Had a VERY elaborate stage set up on the field and featured some of their choir members in the band singing a Latin tune. That year they moved all the way up to fourth at ISU (one of their best years out of the four I've been in HS).

But look at ISU finals...the top 3 bands utilized props. And 2 of the top three in class 6A. (I don't remember the other classes too well either).

In 2002 VJA Had a VERY elaborate stage set up on the field and featured some of their choir members in the band singing a Latin tune. That year they moved all the way up to fourth at ISU (one of their best years out of the four I've been in HS).

But look at ISU finals...the top 3 bands utilized props. And 2 of the top three in class 6A. (I don't remember the other classes too well either).

Placements at ISU in 2002

1) Lake Park

2) Marian Catholic

3) Victor J. Andrew

4) Lincoln-Way East

5) Lincoln-Way Central

But i get what you mean...

2002.........The one time someone cracked the Top 3..........Naperville North did it this year.........

I don't see anyone coming near Marian in the near future...........unless rehearsal schedules are stepped up a bit........

2003-now seems like we've been missing that 5A band in the Top 4......Wheaton Warrenville was 7th last year - UT was 6th this year......2003 went 5-6-7 VJA-WWS-UT

Whatever happened to the good ol days when it always seemed to work out the 5A champ was 4th in finals? :)

2002.........The one time someone cracked the Top 3..........Naperville North did it this year.........

I don't see anyone coming near Marian in the near future...........unless rehearsal schedules are stepped up a bit........

2003-now seems like we've been missing that 5A band in the Top 4......Wheaton Warrenville was 7th last year - UT was 6th this year......2003 went 5-6-7 VJA-WWS-UT

Whatever happened to the good ol days when it always seemed to work out the 5A champ was 4th in finals? :)

The Lincoln-Ways split and now both have good programs.