Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
The Beast87

Seniors

I was just wondering how all you seniors out there are feeling about this year almost being over. It is the final week here and it is gonna be a week of lasts for all the seniors. I personally have mixed emotions. Its hard to think that its been 4 years and now its gonna be over, but for me its also the most stressful event and the most eventful stress in my life ending. I guess I won't acutally know until its actually over....i was just wondering how you other people felt on the subject??

Ya. I am really depressed about it being the end of my last season. When we were on the field at ISU ready to step out for finals, i felt like crying. Because it was the last time that would ever happen for me. I am really going to miss it. Obviously im still going to observe competitions, but it just wont be the same. I wish i could do it all over again.

I'm trying not to think about it. I mentioned something today to the section like ill see you next monday...oh i wont. and it kinda really struck me that this season is almost over. Its gonna be sad. im prepared for that. but its been a hell of a last season. hopefully drum corp is in mine and your future, beast, but if not theres always college marching band lol...shalom

I really really don't want to stop marching...It's my dream to march in a drum and bugle corps...To perform at that level with a group of people who more dedicated than anyone would be simply amazing...but I'm going to miss my HS program so much...it's hard to think about leaving.

:(

i just got back from our bandquet. i didnt cry. but there were so many other times this season where i did. lol. like.. at practice.. at ISU .. at BOA St. Louis.. ohh man..

:( all the guard girls are like "we still have winterguard" but that is totally different from marching band. marching band is so much funner and im gonna miss it sooooooooo much. even if the college i go to has a marching band/colorguard, it definately wont be the same.

:unsure: *sigh* i cant believe it's over

I'm trying not to think about it. when I marched the finals show i cried almost the whole time. when i would calm down the crowd would cheer and i would start up agine.

I can't believe it's all over too. I almost cried at U of I when we hit the climax of our show. For some reason it hit me that it was over at that point. At Lincoln Way the senior saxes said bye to the section and I cut it short so i wouldn' t be upset. I just have to say that I love all our underclassmen. I got so many hugs and some tears from them. I have to say good luck to Stagg in their future seasons. I will miss it so much but I still will see you guys.

I can't believe it's all over too. I almost cried at U of I when we hit the climax of our show. For some reason it hit me that it was over at that point. At Lincoln Way the senior saxes said bye to the section and I cut it short so i wouldn' t be upset. I just have to say that I love all our underclassmen. I got so many hugs and some tears from them. I have to say good luck to Stagg in their future seasons. I will miss it so much but I still will see you guys.

Hey.. off topic.. but do you know Dan Chang (i think that was his name) he graduated last year and he played the sax. he was a friend of a friend who is now not my friend.. (i never see her, we lost touch) lol

at our last practice, the underclassmen circled around the seniors and played amazing grace to us . it was sad, i cried. lol. on the last day of band camp we did the same thing to the rookies.. as like "welcome to marching band!" but that was a happy moment. even though it was the same song.. this was a "goodbye seniors" sad moment.. :(

All of the seniors in our band got up in front and said something to the band. It was very emotional. I broke down when I started talking about my best friend/dum major. It's amazing the bonds you can make. I hope I make marching band in college. I don't think I could stand for it all to be over.

i cried when our drum major lost it on the center podium at state finals. then again during the pony game when the seniors were in the inner circle. i can't believe that it is over. it when so fast.

we had our last tuesday night practice this week.

after we (brass) warmed down, craig pulled the seniors out and made the rest play the chorale...so that we could see what we were leaving behind. i cried.

yeah, at the last football game, mrs. f had the w.w. form a tight circle, and had the seniors talk to the sections. since there was only 3 of us, we each had a really long time to talk, and well, i about broke down crying, because marching band was my life for like 6 years. (older sibling). but honestly, now i'm kinda glad its coming to a close. i love marching band and all, but its kinda become a routine, a habit, and morton's show is really demanding....and its reacked havoc on me. i screwed up both my knees this year, and my feet kill from my surgeries again. but i can say, i wouldn't have had my senior year any other way. the fact is, our marching band thrives on drama a lot, specially in the w.w. section....and i'm kinda getting sick of it....its definitly not the family atmosphere we had. but i can say, i cant wait for college and college marching band. so, happy times, and sad times....

I would disagree, drama is something that travels, other sections had it other years, its also better than previous year, talk to the staff if you're unsure

but seniors, we'll miss you, and im surprised at what I'm seeing, show-choir, cheerleading, band kids from all across the spectrum, pretty cool in my book

well, i definitely feel less like a huge dork after reading this.

At the hit of our show towards the end, I just lettttt gooooo. Then at the end when we threw our horns down (erm, in our arms) at GSL i was just like :|....*BAWL*....i'm sure the camera was directly on me to. Then afterwards for pictures....I just put my hat over my face so nobody could "awww" or try to hug me because I would have lost it even more.

BUT EVEN WORSE...right before we went on the field, my sophomore friend (who I encouraged to be in band and have sort of been a mentor to) turned to me and said, "I'm marching this for you, ya know." and i was like " :ph43r: what?" and he was like "since it's your last show and all..." Yeah. Gone.

the past 5 years (started early) have been so great, yet so stressful. bittersweet...an ode to us senior band dorks!! :)

:D yeah i agree with what all the seniors said. it has been a great year. i'm going to miss going on band trips all over the state. i'm gonna especially miss all my favorite little people. i'll miss all my homies, beth rocke included and i guess andrew too. jk i'll miss you too. i'm glad i was a part of all this for four years. great times.