Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
SCFan

Morton..

Hey ilmarching, do you get money back if we click the ads at the bottom of the page?  Another forum I'm on does that.  We actually gained that guy about $10 in a couple days!

Nope. This board is hosted by Invision, so they make money (I assume), but I get nothing. The reason for that is because this board started before ILMarching was at its current address, and so this board continued while the main website moved.

Phantom Regiment covers my costs (thanks Pat!)

Heh, go PR!

Off topic but I just want to say that Morton has become a modern David and Goliath story. Way to go you guys.

I have nothing to add to the press thing, but I did find it nice that they started recognizing these amazing students as performers and not just "geeks" making noise. Hopefully soon we can see bands on the front cover of the sprorts section and have the football team on page two. Not that I have anything against football players.

Off topic but I just want to say that Morton has become a modern David and Goliath story. Way to go you guys.

I have nothing to add to the press thing, but I did find it nice that they started recognizing these amazing students as performers and not just "geeks" making noise. Hopefully soon we can see bands on the front cover of the sprorts section and have the football team on page two. Not that I have anything against football players.

haha that would be great but it probably wont happen......

First thing you might want to do is stop calling yourselves geeks...if you accept that so will everyone else. If you act classy, severyone will treat you like a class act...eventually.

I have found that the news won't cover something unless you bring it to their attention---as far as extravcurriculars. For example, my schools dance team got 4th at state (and you had to qualify to even get there)....but there was no news of it until my parent rep called it in.

Advertising is the best to promote your activity...as well as doing some philathropic activities...(i.e. the Normal West Poms collected beanie babies and made goodie bags to send to New Orleans)

You are creating a stereotype to a very classy and intelligent activity!

For example, I don't want to be called a geek....I've been in colorguard forever and I think most guards deserve the credit that other dance troupes deserve. There is nothing geeky about being graceful, beautiful, coordinated and musically talented.

GEEK-

1 : a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake

2 : a person often of an intellectual bent who is disapproved of

NERD-

: an unstylish person; especially : one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits

I don't know about you, but I could really go for some KFC right now...

GEEK-

1 : a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake

NERD-

: an unstylish person; especially : one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits

Hmmmm. *ponders definitions* Do we all fit under that somehow?

Chicken, eh? I'd rather have a Donut...glazed!

GEEK-

NERD-

Hmmmm. *ponders definitions* Do we all fit under that somehow?

Chicken, eh? I'd rather have a Donut...glazed!

Careful, too much KFC and glazed donuts will send you guys to your Graves. Try some Gingerbread instead.

My band director gave me a certificate at the last practice for Biggest Band Nerd . . . :ph43r:

Yeah, I'd be pretty thrilled if I got something like that...

We should start that...have a poll for who is the biggest band nerd... :P teehee