Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
SCFan

Morton..

Now I'm sure most people would only expect negative comments in this post after everything that has occured between Morton and IVC. However, I think I speak for everyone including Benjii,Mikey Mac,Eagle,Benry,etc. when we say congrats on your victory. IT was hard, especially for the seniors, to not even have our name called when we were trying to go for our 4th strait 2A title. That being said, you guys must have had one hell of a show. We all said, if that was our last show so be it because we felt great after it.

On that note...congrats on making 7th in finals. I would like to hope if we had been in that lineup we would have placed there as well. Its an amazing experience, as I know Benjii will atest to, to play infront of that crowd. Seventh place is finals is one heck of a way to represent central illinois. There is a lot more all of us from IVC could say...and if ya would like to just PM me and I can send you the email I have sent to the rest of the kids from Morton on here.

It was great to compete against you guys this year...best of luck at LInconl Way and BOA.

Yea....finals is like...i dont know...for the bigger bands that make it on score every year it might not be as thrilling but let me ask you...when they said morton high school marching band you may take the field for Finals compititon did you get chills and goosebumps???? i sure in H*** did when we made it......Great job on a good season...i feel bad its out last year in the Mid-illini and i have to say (not bragging on this im jsut stating from past years) You will fill our shoes very well...you deffinatly are a great band......Keep going and if you dont win at Lincoln way or BOA...dont hang your head down....if anything you have the biggest cinderella story of band that i know....your the little kid beating the big kids.....

YES I GOT CHILLS WHEN THEY SAID THAT!

you guys are awesome, what more can be said

but you guys sound like IVC is out forever, you guys are seniors but theres no doubt IVC and Morton will be at it again next year

yes I got chills. and at the end when the crowd cheered, I was swalloing sobs. I was on the verge of tears. that was the best. IVC you guys are awesome. I doubt we'd be where we are today with out you. It will be weird without you guys. You guys had one heck of a season.

great job

and AWESOME sportsmanship.

People should learn from you guys.

Chills is ryte man, experience of a lifetime. Wicked awesome, and then findin out we won our class at U of I jus made it all the better. this has got to be the best year to be a senior in morton( wish i was a senior :P). IVC, u guys rock, the sportsmanship is uncanny, and we apprecieate it alot. Thank You

man im just telling you from experience...but the one thing is im not a senior im a junior...=) tricky tricky ill be back for one more year....but i hope we have a competitive year again its fun....but mane finals at ISU is great is one of the greasted feelings getting your name called....and performing infront of so many people..... I just hope this rivalry keeps going its great......otherwise great year to everyone in central Illinois We are starting to make names for ourselves....

IVC, you guys are great...this really has been a great season to be a Morton senior (going from Prince of Egypt to this has been unreal) and the sportsmanship yesterday was great, so kudos to you guys. :D

Yeah, you guys said it, being in night finals was unreal--I had a hard time not grinning when they announced us...definitely joygasmic.

Best of luck next year to you... :)

Nobody fell during fight club, so I'm happy. I just can't wait till next year, it's going to be awesome. I also have two questions for IVC, where are you guys going if your out of 2A, and what was your show last year?

P.S. Cards, PLEASE BEAT THE ASTROS! IF YOU LOSE, AHHHHH!

I also have two questions for IVC, where are you guys going if your out of 2A,

Beatle,

I don't think IVC will be out of class 2A at ISU, they will just be out of the Mid-Illini Conference. The only thing that will change is that IVC won't be at the Mid-Illini exhibition at the beginning of the season.

I would suspect their schedule of competitions around here that they usually go to (Pekin, Washington, Metamora, ISU, etc.) won't change much. I could be wrong though.

IVC Thanks for all of the nice things. I feel really bad for all of the IVC Senior. this year. I can not even describe the feelings I went through at night finals. It is a once of a life time for me being I am a Senior.

You Guys Have Great Sportsmenship

Good Luck Next Year.

Oh my, I love you guys. If I could take all the IVC marchers and put them in a farm.... Seriously, We owe so much to you guys. You sparked us to become great. In a way, you did go to finals, through us. For me atleast, you were always on my mind after night finals. Thank you. I can never say enough.

Yeah, I don't think enough could be said about the experience we felt Saturday or about what great competition you have been. You guys have been some great sports and competitors and it was an honor to go up against you guys this year. Good luck to you in the future, I only wish the best to your program.

So, we'll keep meeting IVC in compition, that's awesome. Even though the IVC vs. Morton is a touchy subject, I'd love to see it continue. It's like Cards vs. Cubs, both sides respect each other, but their still rivals. So, can't wait to see you guys next year!

Nobody fell during fight club, so I'm happy. I just can't wait till next year, it's going to be awesome. I also have two questions for IVC, where are you guys going if your out of 2A, and what was your show last year?

P.S. Cards, PLEASE BEAT THE ASTROS! IF YOU LOSE, AHHHHH!

yea were not out of 2A... were out of the mid-illini and to be honest im gonna miss it....i really liked the mid-illini even though we got creamed in football till this year...haha but i dunno...also you Morton kids...man from what has gone on in the past you are starting to turn into a classy orginization and they way you are acting now is like a top notch band all of the worlds luck at BOA cause i think you should win lincoln way and i cant wait to see you next year.....

I just wanna say one thing...you got chills when you were performing with the whole band, think about how i felt opening up the show by myself...that was nuts, i was about to wet myself when i first looked up and saw how many people there were.

If I could take all the IVC marchers and put them in a farm....

What exactly does that mean? It really makes no sense, please explain.

Next year will be interesting. We (IVC) lose about a third of our band with the Senior class. The Junior class is small, and they really need to step it up. Sophomores are okay, and the Freshman are just terrible. They don't play or march worth anything. I really don't know if they can pull it out.

After they announced Awards, i didn't even move for probably 10 minutes. I couldn't bring myself to move. When I finally did, I was in a daze. I couldn't even believe we didn't place. We did awesome...

The one thing that really shocked me was the Morton person who made fun of Ben's sister when she was crying. I know most have class, but that was tactless, and if that had been me i would have smacked whomever it was.

Congratulations Morton.

Wow...reading the post from IVC members kinda got to me...I know we've had our differences in the past, but I think its grright that we can all have respect for one another both on and off the field. Whether the judges agree with me or not, you guys are champions in my book. I hope that someday down the road our schools can meet in head to head competition again. Good luck to you guys in future seasons.

Wow...reading the post from IVC members kinda got to me...I know we've had our differences in the past, but I think its grright that we can all have respect for one another both on and off the field. Whether the judges agree with me or not, you guys are champions in my book. I hope that someday down the road our schools can meet in head to head competition again. Good luck to you guys in future seasons.

o we will.....thats not the last you will see of us...but i dunno about next year for us......its a long story...

If I could take all the IVC marchers and put them in a farm....

What exactly does that mean? It really makes no sense, please explain.

It's simply a Family Guy reference. Brian used it to express his love(admiration) for people. Nothing negative was meant. I have nothing but admiration for you guys at IVC.

Howell, your obsessed with Family Guy.

Morton has hardly any upper classmen, eaglenut. Don't worry, if you guys push yourselfs, anything can happen. Don't think of it as losing seniors, think of it as gaining freshmen. Seriously, the can march.