Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Band=FUN!

Over

Has anyone beside me thought about how fall marching band is almost done. It's getting there! These kids work so hard most of the summer and now its done! There are still a few comp. but thats it. Any memories this year? I got one! Its kinda harsh but does anyone remember when the Judge hit the tuba at Downers Grove! It looked like it killed but it was kinda funny!

Do you have any advice for auditioning for drum corps? I cannot let this "end" persay. I have already sent in my $10 and form for the Phantom Regiment information and I am thinking about traveling to Avon, Indiana to audition for Carolina Crown OR to Iowa to audition for the Colts. There was no way I could've marched corps in high school but now that I'm out ANYTHING that could help me continue marching would be greatly appreciated!

There was no way I could've marched corps in high school but now that I'm out ANYTHING that could help me continue marching would be greatly appreciated!

I was actually thinking of doing an article on the main page from those of us who have graduated the HS band activity, with some suggestions of ways to continue in band and/or marching activities after graduation. But since I may never actually get that article thrown together, I'd say that you should most definitely try to keep marching and/or playing if you can. Whether it be Drum Corps, a college band, or even a millitary band/corps, you'll be glad you did.

Do you have any advice for auditioning for drum corps? I cannot let this "end" persay. I have already sent in my $10 and form for the Phantom Regiment information and I am thinking about traveling to Avon, Indiana to audition for Carolina Crown OR to Iowa to audition for the Colts. There was no way I could've marched corps in high school but now that I'm out ANYTHING that could help me continue marching would be greatly appreciated!

I'm checking out the Glassmen and the Colts, but since I've still got some highschool years left, and I have to switch from trombone to bairitone, I don't think that my chances are that great.

good luck to you on getting in!

maybe someone here can help me out....i really want to march drum and bugle corps, but i have a very buisy summer balancing family and service work for college applications. are there any corps in the area that are more or less 'weekend corps' or a corps that does not travel extensivly or practice any day so that i can fulfill my other things and march corps? thanks.