Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
providencecatholicband

Equipment Trailer

The Providence Marching Band and Color Guard is looking to buy an equipment trailer. We are a small but growing band in New Lenox, Illinois. To raise money for the trailer we are selling donated items on ebay and are holding a garage sale on July 1, 2, 3.

We have a total of 45 members and are not sure what kind of trailer, how to acquire a cheap trailer.... The other schools that have trailers in our area are very big public schools with big trailers.

Any ideas?

One thing you might want to do is check with the people that will be pulling the trailer. See how much they can tow...weight, etc. A 24' trailer full of equipment can be hard to pull even for some full size pick-ups.

You will also need to get some people together and customize the interior to accomodate your specific equipment. It's nice to have cabinets and cubby-holes for various things.

provie!!!! hey whats up!! we are down the road (i march with LWC) its cool to have someone here from my town! our trailor was purchased for us i believe several years ago (or more lol) but from where i do not know. sorry i cant be of much help! id like to talk to ya more sometime. i didnt know you guys even had a marching band...

i really dont know ofallon uses a semi-truck and two smaller trucks(like we need those). but then again ofallons band did used to get more money then all of the sports programs,not lyin on that one.,lol

Sorry, I'm no help. We don't have a trailer. However, one of our directors has promised to buy us one if he ever wins the lottery... although I guess he has to start playing the lottery first.

Who promised that one?

The pit dads want a trailer since instead we just rent trucks ourselves every time and that gets pricey after a couple of years.