Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
phantomreg15

Brass Sections

At the next comp. in Washington i would have to say that galesburg will win hands down, they have the best sounding brass section with Patrick Dooley, Andy Shelly, and Ryan McCullough playing first trumpet. no one will be able to out play them in this comp.

i can't believe that i am actually writing this, but i think that our trumpets are pretty good. now, i haven't heard galesburgs so this is purely my opinion. i am sure that galesburgs are awesome because they are awesome every year. but i think that jake, super, timmy, mark, and danny are all pretty good. of course the trumpets were better last year. right eureka?

At the next comp. in Washington i would have to say that galesburg will win hands down, they have the best sounding brass section with Patrick Dooley, Andy Shelly, and Ryan McCullough playing first trumpet. no one will be able to out play them in this comp.

Dont give Galesburg a bad name by doing stuff like this alright

i can't believe that i am actually writing this, but i think that our trumpets are pretty good. now, i haven't heard galesburgs so this is purely my opinion. i am sure that galesburgs are awesome because they are awesome every year. but i think that jake, super, timmy, mark, and danny are all pretty good. of course the trumpets were better last year. right eureka?

of course the trumpets last year were NOT better, ur impartial cuz of one. The reign of Timmy G is over. MHAHAHA

Hey i know Andy Shelly. He played the bugle calls for us when i was a counselor at interlochen this summer and he's extrodinarily good!

This has nothing to do with Galesburg, but with your comment.

Three good trumpet players a good wind section does not make. It takes quality and depth of sound from all the sections. I've heard plenty of marching bands with good trumpet sections....that doesn't make up for having sub-par low brass (or it doesn't make up for the director not explaining and teaching balance to them). I've only heard a couple bands out of the 30-35 I've seen this year that actually play with the proper balance for brass and wind ensemble playing.

Just my 2 cents

:ph43r: You know its not all about the trumpets.What about the trombones.

Three good trumpet players a good wind section does not make. It takes quality and depth of sound from all the sections. I've heard plenty of marching bands with good trumpet sections....that doesn't make up for having sub-par low brass (or it doesn't make up for the director not explaining and teaching balance to them). I've only heard a couple bands out of the 30-35 I've seen this year that actually play with the proper balance for brass and wind ensemble playing.

Just my 2 cents

It's not only the trumpets that contribute to the high winds scores that Ghs recieves years after year, the low brass at Galesburg have always represented at competitions every one of my four years. This year's group of trombones led by Mark DeVoss, Liz Judson and the rest of the trombone upperclassmen are definitley up to the task. The GHS trombones and the rest of the low brass are not sub-par and are completlely capable of the task before them.

:ph43r: You know its not all about the trumpets.What about the trombones.

don't you love it when moronic freshmen make stupid postings? That sounds like something someone in MY section would say so congrats on bring your section's integity down a notch.

Just my 2 cents

It's not only the trumpets that contribute to the high winds scores that Ghs recieves years after year, the low brass at Galesburg have always represented at competitions every one of my four years. This year's group of trombones led by Mark DeVoss, Liz Judson and the rest of the trombone upperclassmen are definitley up to the task. The GHS trombones and the rest of the low brass are not sub-par and are completlely capable of the task before them.

NO ONE ever said that Galesburg's low brass was sub-par. I however was only making a point that it is about more than the trumpet section. In my opinion they've always had a pretty fat sound. Let's not get so defensive.

I WANT BOONE, BRYANT, SHAWGO, AND ROB BACK!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK!!!!

Don't you love it when moronic seniors make stupid posts? Congrats on bringing your band's name down a notch.