Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
BandGeeks101

Class 4A

What a group! Marian is going to end up on top! There are some good bands in this group. Romeoville and St.Rita are playing the same show. Romeoville will get the better score because they are the AAA band. This looks like a good group! What do you think??

did not have a chance to see st. rita this weekend becuase we were so pressed for time with the double show...but I disagree with both of you:

Marain (no sh!t sherlock)

Romeoville

Rock Island

St. Rita

Argo

did not have a chance to see st. rita this weekend becuase we were so pressed for time with the double show...but I disagree with both of you:

Marain (no sh!t sherlock)

Romeoville

Rock Island

St. Rita

Argo

LOL! I like that comment next to Marian!

I go

marian

Rock Island

Rita

Romeoville

argo

I'm in rock island's marching band we got second at ISU with a 69.60.We beat St. Rita after they beating us at Downers Grove.lol Marian Caltholic (Baptist lol) beat us by 16 and 3/4 of a point they had like 80 somethin'

I really like their show the tribute to Vietnam thing. Their Props are sweet the Vietnam remembrance wall thing is huge.lol

<Edit by ilmarching. Watch your language.>

I'm in rock island's marching band we got second at ISU with a 69.60.We beat St. Rita after they beat us at Downers Grove.lol Marian Caltholic (Baptist lol) beat us by 16 and 3/4 of a point they had like 80 somethin'

I really like their show the tribute to Vietnam thing. Their Props are sweet the Vietnam remembrance wall thing is huge.lol

<Edit by ilmarching>

Let me first start off by saying that I am a Rocky alumn , class of '01, and new to this forum (referred to it by a friend). I realize that you may be joking, but rememeber that sarcasm and jokes you may think are funny do not come accross as such very easily in these forums. Also by making such jokes you undermine all the hard work that you have put into your program, as well as those who worked so hard to build the program up before your time. Rock Island High School has enough preconceived notions (from other schools) it has to overcome (Rocky students probably know what I mean), and jokes like these do not help.

I would also like to say that I am extremely proud that you guys did what Rocky could never seem to do when I was there (and that is to place at ISU). GOOD LUCK at Lincoln Way, and see you at Western

Just remember that you not only represent yourself, but a whole school and band while your on this site.

----I'll get off my educator's soapbox now.

My name is Chris Versluis, you may have met my older brother John. I played trombone. After Rocky I marched 4 years at WIU, also as a trombone. I was Carlin's first class at Washington Jr. High (he came when I was in 8th grade). By the way I have heard you guys, and you sounded pretty good, of course it was at a football game and I could hardly hear anything. Since I am telling you all of this I might as well tell you the shows that we did when I was in high school.

1. Great Moments in Cinema--record setting year for RIHS

2. Evita, complete with singing in Latin

3. Exhibitions (Pictures at an Exhibiton, Ritual Fire Dance, Firebird Suite)

4. Channel One Suite, complete with six drum sets in the frontline