Illinois Marching Online
Notinband

Looking Ahead to 2021

I see the beginning of the 2021 schedule starting to get posted.  My first thought is OUCH!  The St. Louis Super Regional, The Indianapolis Super Regional, and ISU are all on the same weekend.  Any thoughts on this scheduling?

On 11/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, Notinband said:

I see the beginning of the 2021 schedule starting to get posted.  My first thought is OUCH!  The St. Louis Super Regional, The Indianapolis Super Regional, and ISU are all on the same weekend.  Any thoughts on this scheduling?

Ya....This is going to be a hard one for most bands...I sure don't understand why BOA did that. I think the Inda Super regional will win a lot of interest. 

Here's what we've got so far:

September 18th:

Edwardsville

BOA Central Ohio (Site TBD)

BOA Clarksville, TN - Austin Peay State University

September 25th:

Morton (NEW Prelims/Finals format)

BOA Dayton, OH - Welcome Stadium

October 2nd:

BOA Toledo, OH - University of Toledo (Site Tentative)

October 2nd/9th:

North Central College (MSBA event) - Naperville (NEW in 2021) - either one

October 9th:

Metamora

BOA Cedar Falls, IA - University of Northern Iowa (Site Tentative)

October 23rd:

ISU

BOA St. Louis Super Regional - The Dome at America's Center

BOA Indianapolis Super Regional - Lucas Oil Stadium

November 11-13th:

Grand Nationals

U of I will probably fall on 10/9 or 10/16, as those are the off days for Illini football next season.

I was watching some TX bands at various comps this year and read one spectators post talking about TX bands rumored and confirmed to be heading to Nats. Here's what they said

Rumored and Confirmed from TX (I forgot who's confirmed and rumored): Haltom (Confirmed), Ronald Reagan, Marcus, FloMo, Vista Ridge, James Bowie, LD Bell, Bridgeland, Westwood, Wylie East, Weiss, Woodlands, Round Rock, CTJ. It is officially going to be a bloodbath for GN 2021. That's also not including Avon, Carmel, Broken Arrow, Blue Springs, and Tarpon Springs from other states. Pearland is also on the list of rumored. 

On 12/19/2020 at 7:55 AM, briar62 said:

I was watching some TX bands at various comps this year and read one spectators post talking about TX bands rumored and confirmed to be heading to Nats. Here's what they said

Rumored and Confirmed from TX (I forgot who's confirmed and rumored): Haltom (Confirmed), Ronald Reagan, Marcus, FloMo, Vista Ridge, James Bowie, LD Bell, Bridgeland, Westwood, Wylie East, Weiss, Woodlands, Round Rock, CTJ. It is officially going to be a bloodbath for GN 2021. That's also not including Avon, Carmel, Broken Arrow, Blue Springs, and Tarpon Springs from other states. Pearland is also on the list of rumored. 

I honestly do not know how many Texas bands will consider coming.  as UIL has instituted an all class state series in 2020.  Normally, classes rotate yearly.  The heavy hitters (CTJ, Flower Mound, Reagan, Marcus, etc.) would have San Antonio, then 6A Prelims/Finals Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday school, Thursday travel day to GN, perform Friday/Saturday.   It's hard for me to see schools signing off on that, because that's a ton of school to miss.

Here is what the schedule looks like:

Session 1: Monday, November 1: 5A Prelims (morning, afternoon, evening)

Session 2: Tuesday, November 2: 1A Prelims (morning), 5A Finals (afternoon)

Session 3: Tuesday, November 2: 1A Finals (evening)

Session 4: Wednesday, November 3: 3A Prelims (morning and afternoon)

Session 5: Wednesday, November 3: 3A Finals (evening)

BOA SA     Friday, November 5: Super Regional Prelims (morning, afternoon, evening)
BOA SA     Saturday, November 6: Super Regional Prelims (morning) Finals (evening)

Session 1: Monday, November 8: 6A Prelims (morning, afternoon, evening)

Session 2: Tuesday, November 9: 2A Prelims (morning), 6A Finals (afternoon)

Session 3: Tuesday, November 9: 2A Finals (evening)

Session 4: Wednesday, November 10: 4A Prelims (morning and afternoon)

Session 5: Wednesday, November 10: 4A Finals (evening)

Grand Nationals November 11-13

Few updates for 2021 dates:

-Chicagoland Marching Band Festival (Wheeling): September 11

-Downers Grove South: October 9

-Illinois Marching Band Championships (Champaign): October 9

-Metamora: October 9

-Quincy - October 16

-Greater St. Louis (at Belleville West): October 30

-BOA Dayton and BOA Central Ohio have flipped dates.  Central Ohio is now September 25th (at Fortress Obetz) and Dayton is September 18th.

-North Central College (Naperville) - October 2.

More to come.