Illinois Marching Online

ISU has arranged the bands this year in dyads (pairs) of classes. This means (1A+2A) (3A+4A) (5A+6A) all grouped into 3 “sessions.”

Is this due to COVID-19 concerns to try to prevent very large audiences? Is this something they’ve done in the past?

From what I know, this is just a new thing that they are trying. I dont think it is related to COVID-19 or anything. I remember them announcing it prior to everything being cancelled and stuff

I just reviewed the 2019 ISU schedule which is still posted under 2019 Festivals.  The only thing that appears to be different is ISU is going to have the 1A/2A, 3A/4A. and 5A/6A bands play together as a groups.  I see this as a good change.

Bands will also not be announced what class they are in until awards for the two classes.  The bands will be randomized in the dyads and we'll still have the caption awards for each class in awards, and that's when the band's class will be announced.

Also, not sure if anything has changed (because I haven't seen an updated list/schedule yet), but as of the April 6 list of bands, both Naperville Central and Lake Park were waitlisted.