Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Marchingmaniac88

SUPER EARLY U OF I PREDICTIONS

It’s that time again! That time for stupid early marching band predictions!

A couple things I noticed...

*O’Fallon is attending U of I again!! Cannot wait to see them!

*Mundelein has never attended a U of I Competition in IL marchings recorded history, HUGE Illini welcome to them, they’ve got a tough class!

This will definitely be more of an analysis than prediction so bear with me!

Class A

1. Mater Dei won this class last year, They were pretty decisive too that I know of.

2. Watseka got second and I would expect bonless this year. They’re always notable in Class A.

3. Newton is a pretty big band for Class A, sometimes sheer numbers can push a band over. They could win this class for sure.

Class AA

1. Monticello is a great band. Another one that is pretty big for their class. I expect them to win this class.

2. University is my pick for second. Kinda a AA band by default but they always do well in their classes so.

3. Kewanee or Sherrard here in third. Both are capable of it but either way I’m sure they’ll be third and fourth.

Class AAA

1. Mahomet-Seymour, speaking of bands that a pretty big for their class. Here’s a hulk. They’re awesome. Last year wasn’t their best year but an off year never got a band down. Look at Marian Catholic.

2. Illinois Valley Central second place here. I think the top two spots are solid regardless.

3. Probably East Peoria. They’re pretty far above the rest of the bands. Though Champaign Centralnisnt what I would call “bad” by any means.

Class AAAA

1. Romeoville, I think their program is incredible. And it continues to build. Expect to see them win but not without a fight from second.

2. Galesburg, reigning Class 4A champions, they’ll be excellent. According to HornRank they’re attending BOA along side Romeoville this season.

3. Washington Community, I was looking forward to seeing them duke it out with Galesburg and Bloomington last year, but they didn’t attend due to the weather. They’ll be pretty solid, but due to Galesburg and Romeovilles musical talent, I have them in third.

Class AAAAA

1. O’Fallon Township. 

2. Belleville East, excuse my French but this is a damn good class and I can’t wait to see it! Belleville East is fantastic!

3. Edwardsville, kinda gives me Belleville East vibes. They’ll be close. 

Class AAAAAA

1. Normal will be at the top here again. They’re pretty good but since the consolidation it’s been difficult for them to do well in big classes at comps such as ISU, here it’s a different story.

2. Oak Park/River Forest, they’re good and I think they’re good enough to be runners up to Normal.

3. Minooka, it’s really hard to predict them until the season starts but they usually do well here.

No grand Champion predictions though I’m sure you can speculate.

I will post ISU predictions when classes are specified.

next U of I prediction will be the first/second week of the season! 

Comment feedback and opinions!!!