Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
briar62

IL Marching Website

I don't know about anyone else but I sure don't ever want this website to ever shut down. I have been going to different band sites or their social media and am trying to get more followers. I live in KY , originally from IL, and this site is one of the only ways I know what's going on in the IL Marching Community. Now what are we to do if the site starts to get more traffic. If they come and we have nothing for for them to see or get excited about we can't expect them to come back. I understand that the handful of people who were taking responsibility for the site had a lot to do with few resources. There has to be a way for everyone to contribute and maybe the moderators review things just as editors would. Then we'd also need people to get the official scores from the competitions of the day. This site could be much more than it is now! It  was on it's way a few years ago and then something happened and the site became stagnate. If you want the site to continue, post and post relevant things, Be nice and take others into consideration when posting things, and take care and know of what you're posting here. If the site grows we all win .

I don't know who handles submitted information and media and how they handle it, but I've heard from several people who have contributed haven't seen their stuff actually posted on the site. I just think the structure of the site needs to be a lot more organized to what is relevant since there are so many bands and so many competitions.

The persons listed under the Staff tab at the top of the page are the ones who used to do it, When the site was going well they were really on the ball about things.

7 hours ago, briar62 said:

The persons listed under the Staff tab at the top of the page are the ones who used to do it, When the site was going well they were really on the ball about things.

Half of the mods are still around, they might not have as many resources as the old ones though