Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Marchingmaniac88

Bands to watch in 2019

I don't think there will be much difference from the past couple of years.  O'Fallon not being at ISU will affect boasting rights in the state, but O'Fallon will be at BOA competitions with other Illinois bands.

Can't really make any good predictions until first week or so of the season. The Lancer Joust is a good prediction of the season for Northern bands, Washington's competition for Central and Southern bands.Watch for Downers Grove South, Warren Township, Plainfield North, and Lockport (I have a good feeling about them this year).

On 6/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, JT2002 said:

Can't really make any good predictions until first week or so of the season. The Lancer Joust is a good prediction of the season for Northern bands, Washington's competition for Central and Southern bands.Watch for Downers Grove South, Warren Township, Plainfield North, and Lockport (I have a good feeling about them this year).

What do you think about the central IL bands? (Morton, Washington, Limestone, Dunlap, Galesburg, Rock Island, etc.)

On 6/18/2019 at 11:27 AM, Marchingmaniac88 said:

What do you think about the central IL bands? (Morton, Washington, Limestone, Dunlap, Galesburg, Rock Island, etc.)

Morton and Washington both will do well again, Limestone kids are awesome, I didn't like Rock Island's show last year but maybe they are still a great band, and Granite City (unless you consider that southern illinois) does a great job picking a show and they'll do great again. I don't know much else about central bands

41 minutes ago, JT2002 said:

Morton and Washington both will do well again, Limestone kids are awesome, I didn't like Rock Island's show last year but maybe they are still a great band, and Granite City (unless you consider that southern illinois) does a great job picking a show and they'll do great again. I don't know much else about central bands

Morton will be fun to watch, I always love thee shows and have much respect for the dedication of their students. Washington will fit in there as well but I like to take it year by year on them. Rock Island isn’t one of the greatest and that goes for right next door in Moline too. Limestone and Galesburg sorta both have an Andy Empey effect so I am really excited to see that ‘rivalry’ if you will. Bloomington is another one I take year by year but typically they are doing well. East Peoria and IVC are two really good small schools to watch. Granite City has decided not to return to U of I I believe after two years of winning, but wherever they are they will be good as well. And Normal didn’t blow me away last year, but I’m sure they’ll be decent as well.