Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Marchingmaniac88

Another VERY VERY early prediction (ISU)

I wanted to insert my opinion on the other Illinois "State" competition, which is at Illinois State University. Again I will emphasize, as I did in my U of I prediction these are early and will change as the season evolves. 

I will predict the places in performance order, remember those who win first place in EACH class will automatically win a finals spot and then the next 8 with the highest scores in any given class will qualify for finals. I will not predict scores rather predict what bands have the strength (judged by past history) to qualify for finals and in what order they will finish.

CONFIRMED ISU BAND LIST: https://finearts.illinoisstate.edu/band-day/ISMBC 2019 Participating Bands.pdf

Preliminary Competition 

Class 2A

1. Morton
  2. Limestone Community
  3. Metamora

Class 1A

1. Illinois Valley Central
  2. University 
  3. Eureka 

Class 4A

1. John Hersey 
  2. Batavia
  3. Rock Island

Class 3A

1. Marian Catholic
  2. Galesburg
  3. Bloomington

Class 6A

1. Lincoln-Way
  2. Lockport Township
  3. Warren Township

Class 5A

1. Prospect
  2. Victor J Andrew
  3. HD Jacobs

Finals Competition

1. Lincoln-Way HS
  2. Marian Catholic HS
  3. Lockport Township HS
  4. Warren Township HS
  5. Lake Park HS
  6. Prospect HS
  7. John Hersey HS
  8. Downers Grove South HS
  9. Victor J Andrew HS
  10. Morton HS
  11. Galesburg HS
  12. Batavia HS
  13. Plainfield North HS
  14. Illinois Valley Central HS

GRAND CHAMPION

LINCOLN-WAY HS

Disclaimer; I will update this again about 2-3 weeks into marching season and then again a week out from the invitational itself. 

20 hours ago, Marchingmaniac88 said:

I will predict the places in performance order, remember those who win first place in EACH class will automatically win a finals spot and then the next 8 with the highest scores in any given class will qualify for finals. 

This may not be quite right (but I'm not certain).  The band who wins first place in each class automatically qualifies finals.  But then it gets a little complicated.  For Class 1A to 4A, the next three highest scores qualifies for finals, so a total of seven from 1A to 4A. For Class 5A and 6A, the next five highest scores (after the two first place bands) for those two classes qualifies for finals, so a total of 14.

6 minutes ago, Notinband said:

This may not be quite right (but I'm not certain).  The band who wins first place in each class automatically qualifies finals.  But then it gets a little complicated.  For Class 1A to 4A, the next three highest scores qualifies for finals, so a total of seven from 1A to 4A. For Class 5A and 6A, the next five highest scores for those two classes qualifies for finals, so a total of 14.

The next highest scores in any given class, so the next highest scores in ALL preliminary performances is how I understand it to be. I may be wrong but I believe that’s how it goes.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:31 AM, Notinband said:

This may not be quite right (but I'm not certain).  The band who wins first place in each class automatically qualifies finals.  But then it gets a little complicated.  For Class 1A to 4A, the next three highest scores qualifies for finals, so a total of seven from 1A to 4A. For Class 5A and 6A, the next five highest scores (after the two first place bands) for those two classes qualifies for finals, so a total of 14.

This is correct, ISU has used this since switching from the class winners + remaining top 10 that weren't already included. They also switched from an all day judges panel that switches captions for finals to one set for 1A-4A and one set for 5A-6A/Finals.