Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
JT2002

ISU Very Very Early Predictions

The schedule for Illinois State's marching competition was just released the other day!! Even though most bands probably don't even have their shows yet, what are your early predictions for one of the biggest and most competitive event of the season?

2019 ISU Schedule: D3oVQDSXoAAfUBo.jpg_large

My predictions (1st, 2nd, 3rd in order for each class).

1A: Eureka , Paris, University

2A: Morton, Limestone, Morris

3A: Marian Catholic, Galesburg, Bloomington

4A: John Hersey, Romeoville, Rock Island

5A: Prospect, HD Jacobs, Plainfield North

6A: Lincoln-Way, Warren Township, Lockport

I would think finals would finish in this order:

Lincoln-Way

Marian Catholic

Warren Township

Prospect

Lockport

John Hersey

Lake Park

Morton

HD Jacobs

Eureka

Galesburg

Normal

Plainfield North

Paris

Limestone

This far out, it's really hard to make much of a guess.

At the moment, I'd say...

1A

Any of the participants except Olympia, but they aren't completely ruled out by any means.

2A

Changes at Morton make this interesting, but I'd still go with them at the moment.

3A

Even with their "down" year in 2018, it's still Marian here.

4A

I'll lean towards Hersey, but Rock Island and Romeoville are certainly possibilities.

5A

Tough to call between Prospect and VJA, but history favors Prospect.

6A

Lincoln-Way may take this, but Lockport is right up there. Personally hoping for a Lake Park comeback.

Side note: O'Fallon may not be coming, neither may Herscher?? (This is especially surprising)

I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, JT2002 said:

I would think finals would finish in this order:

Lincoln-Way

Marian Catholic

Warren Township

Prospect

Lockport

John Hersey

Lake Park

Morton

HD Jacobs

Eureka

Bloomington

Normal

Plainfield North

Paris

Limestone

Risky to put Paris and even Limestone in finals over Rock Island or Romeoville, or even Galesburg. Rock Island is decent, Romeoville is big and typically doesn’t do too bad, and Galesburg is enjoy success in their entire music program with Andy Empey.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, Marchingmaniac88 said:

Risky to put Paris and even Limestone in finals over Rock Island or Romeoville, or even Galesburg. Rock Island is decent, Romeoville is big and typically doesn’t do too bad, and Galesburg is enjoy success in their entire music program with Andy Empey.

Nice, I was on the fence about Rock Island, as their shows are pretty elaborate. I didn't know much about Romeoville though, took a chance with Paris. This all changes when the season starts (I can't wait!)

O'Fallon isn't coming because of BOA St. Louis being the same weekend. I was mildly surprised when I saw that they weren't going to U of I.

I personally think that Warren Township will be a bit lower than most people have them predicted. Prospect, Lockport, Hersey, Lake Park, and Morton all will most likely finish higher than them in my opinion. Then again, Gurnee is the opposite corner of the state from me (basically, anyway) and they have shown great growth over the past couple of years. And of course, as a previous poster said: "I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois."

On 4/25/2019 at 12:30 AM, TheAngryBavarian said:

O'Fallon isn't coming because of BOA St. Louis being the same weekend. I was mildly surprised when I saw that they weren't going to U of I.

I personally think that Warren Township will be a bit lower than most people have them predicted. Prospect, Lockport, Hersey, Lake Park, and Morton all will most likely finish higher than them in my opinion. Then again, Gurnee is the opposite corner of the state from me (basically, anyway) and they have shown great growth over the past couple of years. And of course, as a previous poster said: "I'd love for most of this to be wrong, as changes are good for the competitiveness and education of Illinois."

Another bit of info regarding Warren, they're making some major changes to their program this year by extending the amount of rehearsal time they have per week. They also have a non-competitive marching band that will now perform at some football games alone as they train more rigorously for the competitive band. The head BD is retiring in the next few years, so they are preparing for the long haul.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, JT2002 said:

Nice, I was on the fence about Rock Island, as their shows are pretty elaborate. I didn't know much about Romeoville though, took a chance with Paris. This all changes when the season starts (I can't wait!)

You also put Bloomington in third in 3A and Galesburg in 2nd then put Bloomington in finals over Galesburg.