Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Marchingmaniac88

2019 Marching Season

Lincoln-Way to dominate again with O'fallon. Can Marion Catholic make a comeback after a somewhat disappointing season?? For small bands, Newton had a break-out season last year, and Mahomet-Seymour did great as well. Also, Edwardsville, Lockport, and Warren Township look to have even better seasons next year.

I agree with most of what you said, I will add though;

I thinking Morton will continue their charge toward prosperity in their program and maybe even start if not overtake that of Marian Catholic. With the I also expect a growth in the program at Galesburg to take the place of Morton right now, both those schools could be fun to watch. 

Also yeah Lincoln-Way, O'Fallon Township, and Lockport will rule Illinois this coming year. Warren Township also a pretty good program with solid musicians. I expect to see Normal, assuming the stay consolidated, will pull in Lincoln-Way in the next one to two years and we will see them grow as a united program.

United Township, Rock Island regions are always good programs as well as Dunlap and East Peoria I expect to see them maintain their musical talent. Then Grayslake North, Lakes Community (Lake County) will also likely thrive as they have consistently made finals or placed at competitions they went to. Washington Community will stay up there but again they faced threats from programs like Galesburg this year and they will again next year.

I am excited to see who goes to both ISU and U of I this coming year given they are on different days, maybe we can get Prospect, O'Fallon, Victor J, Lockport, and Lincoln-way back to U of I and also see them again at ISU. Also interested to see the up and coming bands, the "bailouts" per say at top notch competitions like Lake Park, Downers Grove South, ISU, and even BOA.

This will be a great season in that schools you'd never expect to see competing with Marian Catholic or O'Fallon Township will be giving them runs for their money all across the board. I think the most successful out of state band is probably Greendale, WI expect to see them back and killing it once again. 

With less than 5 months until the first programs start pulling finals strings and starting their seasonal training and such the anticipation is growing at an astounding rate. Good luck to all the programs this year for sure!

On 1/2/2019 at 4:50 PM, Marchingmaniac88 said:

Also yeah Lincoln-Way, O'Fallon Township, and Lockport will rule Illinois this coming year. Warren Township also a pretty good program with solid musicians. I expect to see Normal, assuming the stay consolidated, will pull in Lincoln-Way in the next one to two years and we will see them grow as a united program.

Not sure what you mean by this...

On 1/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, MoltoAgitato said:

Not sure what you mean by this...

What I meant to say is that assuming Normal remains consolidated they will pull a Lincoln-Way situation where they grow to be a very successful and good band.