Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Band

October 26th Belleville East Marching Invitational

Since there is already a BOA St. Louis thread, here is one for the Bellville East show this weekend.

Bellville East has hosted a show since 2005, and this year it is the last competitive show in Illinois. Last year BEMI ran as a Prelims/Finals format show, however not this year. This year the show is being hosted on Friday afternoon/evening and features numerous groups who are performing at the BOA Super Regional in St. Louis. There are four states represented, and even from Illinois, there are bands from various parts of the state. These factors make predicting 1A and 2A a little tough.

In Class 1A, I'm going to predict Murphysboro followed closely by Effingham.

Class 2A will come down to Limestone and Davenport Central. I'll go with Davenport Central if I have to choose.

Class 3A has only two bands- Bellville West and Victor J Andrew. Belleville West is a growing program for sure, but VJA is the pick to win this class.

In Class 4A, Edwardsville, Normal, and Owasso meet. Owasso has been a finalist at Grand Nats and numerous other BOA events. They are the pick to win the class and GC.

The thing to be watching is the margin between Owasso and the rest of the field. Normal, Edwardsville and VJA were all at ISU last weekend but didn't get to use props due to the wind- be sure to check them out here.