Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Geneseo

Bands of Central Illinois

Galesburg's show is called Medieval Heroes. We're playing Robin Hood, Braveheart, (with a bagpipe solo) Barbarian Horde and Gladiator. There's a lot of neat effects in our show, but we're keeping it traditionally marching band. No props or anything. I think it's a really neat show and everyone did an awesome job yesterday at Washington!

i play bagpipes...that would be soo cool.....i wish our band director would let us do something like that...that is awesome

Galesburg's show is called Medieval Heroes. We're playing Robin Hood, Braveheart, (with a bagpipe solo) Barbarian Horde and Gladiator. There's a lot of neat effects in our show, but we're keeping it traditionally marching band. No props or anything. I think it's a really neat show and everyone did an awesome job yesterday at Washington!

i play bagpipes...that would be soo cool.....i wish our band director would let us do something like that...that is awesome

yea you could do like scottish music that would be cool

Its about the Moon more than the Anasazi indians, isn't it? Lots of moons in the show. The music is tribal, but the visuals are moon oriented.

yeah, from what i understand, the anasazi people held the new moon in the old moon's arms in high regard. because the lunar phase has the last sliver of the old moon "holding" the new moon and illuminating the black disk, they believed that it was a "glimpse of the future in the light of the past". michael kamen (the original composer of the piece) wrote the piece as a sort of progression through time with the last movement protraying the 'future' mainly using themes from previous ('past') movements. so yeah, i guess you could say that the music is tribal, but ultimately, every part of it revolves around the image and idea of that particular lunar phase. in my opinion, the man was an absolute genious, and i'd encourage anyone interested to get a hold of a copy of the original music because it just blows my mind every time i listen to it.

....by the way, splooie, i always kind of thought that you were craig.... if you are, i'm going to feel really stupid explaining this to you. if you're not, please ignore this.

Yeah tubawhat is right. The original score is freakin awesome! Plus the show sounds amazing too. The 3/4 part is crazy. Also, doesn't the beginning of Galesburg's show so like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"? I would also like to know who splooie is.

It was a good show,not great though :ph43r:

It was a good show,not great though :ph43r:

it was great for a typical washington show

Also, doesn't the beginning of Galesburg's show so like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"?

Actually, it is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Trust me, I'm in the drumline and we went crazy when we first heard it. Yay for Monty Python!

Plus I'd like to say good job to Galesburg for winning grand champion at metamora, you really showed Morton and IVC how it's done. Oh yeah, good job IVC.

They really showd IVC and Morton how its done....please explain that comment?

They had a great parade...I don't think they showed IVC or MOrton how "its done"...

Parade has always been our strength. IVC did score higher than us in field. Although it was exciting to win grand champion over a band as intimidating as IVC, We by no means see this as 'out-doing' any of the bands that performed at metamora. Every band did a really great job. I'm really proud of all the progress Galesburg has made this year, and what I would really hope for at U of I is a great field performance.

Another comment of mine is that the show 'Wicked' was an awesome idea. Good choice Geneseo.

if we (we being Rock Island) get behind our show it will be really really cool. we have band camp this week cleaning our almost entire show. this is my freshman year and so far it has been a blast. the directors picked a really cool show for this year. "The nightmare before Christmas." We'll get to show it at ISU this saturday. i haven't gotten to watch many other shows because we were so rushed on oct. 1st. our band director has a t-shirt that says "splooie" on it.

Plus I'd like to say good job to Galesburg for winning grand champion at metamora, you really showed Morton and IVC how it's done. Oh yeah, good job IVC.

i agree with what he said up there......the margin was .8 between us and galesburg ....thats not showing someone up....morton was close behind too...a showing up is like by 5 points or more...anyways Galesburg just whooped us in parade...they got high marks for showmanship....

that was from SCFan

I agree that Galesburg did a very nice job, and definitely deserved grand champion...but do you think it's right to say "you really showed morton and ivc how it's done"...to me that's kind of harsh....and then you randomly congradulate ivc...but not morton....i mean, you're indirectly dissing morton, IMO.

that was from SCFan

I agree that Galesburg did a very nice job, and definitely deserved grand champion...but do you think it's right to say "you really showed morton and ivc how it's done"...to me that's kind of harsh....and then you randomly congradulate ivc...but not morton....i mean, you're indirectly dissing morton, IMO.

That was not posted by me....I said nobody showed anyone how it was done becasue it was a very close contest. I knwo the whole Morton/IVC rivarly is nice...but don't heat it up with things like that...I never said that.

good luck saturday morton

I didn't congradulate Morton because I'M FROM Morton. And I don't want o look like I'm bragging. My name is beatleberg, you haven't figured out who I am?

I just want to say not only great job to UT and Morton...but to all the Central Illinois Bands!

Yes, there may have only been 2 in finals, but look at 2A what a group! 4A - Rock Island 2nd place - Highest finish for them ever! 5A - UT winning and finals! We got represented well!!

Great job all!!