Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
ilmarching

2005 Season!

The 2005 Season is coming up fast! Be sure to send us your school's repetoire, so we can have the most up-to-date information available.

You can either e-mail ilmarching@ilmarching.cjb.net, or just post below.

WOOHOO, marching band!!!!!!

I will post the final repetoire here as soon as it is finalized...more to come, and you can count on that. As of right now I know that our show will be entitled "Water" and I also know that Niagra Falls will be our opener, the drill is being written already. I have also heard that we are playing On The Waterfront, Cloudburst, and possibly Deep River.

You might want to just e-mail our band director if you want the facts... dmorriso@d214.org

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I LIVE FOR THIS!!

go to KeyPoulan.com go under marching band arrangements...the movements together are called "The world of M.C. Escher", our staff changed the title to "Reflections". Listen to the files, it's really cool

:D !!!!

WOW,thx flag girl,everybody else in the tenor section told me the music is really cool. They are right. THEY MUSIC IS AMAZING! I love it! oh and did anybody do the house of cards as a field show? because somebody wants to know!!!!!

nope he announced it at the banquet, i wanst there but its the same music as the one Mater Dei did, thats what everybody told me.

we did reflections last year. so your right. it was a good show - really liked the music. Wahoo marching band! Im pumped for this season! :D

That movie had some seriously AWESOME music. My dad was sitting in the theater during the credits just to listen to the music. Good stuff...should be an awesome show!

Our show is, as posted on IMO, entitled Altered State.

The music is a combination of Harrison's Dream and Stained Glass. (Not the same thing that East used in 2004). Both are completely re-arranged by our director.

The basic idea of the show is that of a person who loses their mind slowly...I guess the opener depicts his normal everyday, monotonous life until things start to fall apart. At first we didn't know whether, in the end, the guy was going to be OK and not completely lose it but I guess the ballad (2nd movement, Harrison's Dream) is the glimmer of hope before the batterie/pit feature which is the insanity. How this show will end is a mystery even to us since we have only gotten through drum solo in our hands...Keep the theme in mind if you ever get to see this show...definatly an AWESOME choice on the directors' part...I'm having so much fun with the music already!

If nothing else it makes designing section shirts and the show shirt REALLY fun! I mean, who doesn't love insanity lol?

Guest Deleted User
That movie had some seriously AWESOME music. My dad was sitting in the theater during the credits just to listen to the music. Good stuff...should be an awesome show!

Our show is, as posted on IMO, entitled Altered State.

The music is a combination of Harrison's Dream and Stained Glass. (Not the same thing that East used in 2004). Both are completely re-arranged by our director.

The basic idea of the show is that of a person who loses their mind slowly...I guess the opener depicts his normal everyday, monotonous life until things start to fall apart. At first we didn't know whether, in the end, the guy was going to be OK and not completely lose it but I guess the ballad (2nd movement, Harrison's Dream) is the glimmer of hope before the batterie/pit feature which is the insanity. How this show will end is a mystery even to us since we have only gotten through drum solo in our hands...Keep the theme in mind if you ever get to see this show...definatly an AWESOME choice on the directors' part...I'm having so much fun with the music already!

If nothing else it makes designing section shirts and the show shirt REALLY fun! I mean, who doesn't love insanity lol?

Lincoln-Way East did "Stained Glass" by David Gillingham in 2002.

Yeah, I knew that one but I figured I'd clear up the 2004 thing because your show was entitled Stained Glass correct?...Marian did Harrison's Dream in 02 as well...it was actually kinda strange that 2 2002 shows wound up as the source music for us.

Eureka is playing music from Blizzard's World of Warcraft. Stalter picked music from a video game. Music is amazing, good picka nd arrangment by stalter!!!! video game musi for marching band, still reeling over it!!!