Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
OTHSAX

BOA-ST.LOUIS REGIONAL

are there any bands from Illinios going,were all pretty anxious to see Broken Arrow, and Prospec(hopefully,lol). I know that belleville east may go, Murphessboro,,hmm. There are there any other illinios programs going? Plus is this a super regional or just a regional( plus how are you scored, cause ive heard of like division one ratings from some ppl on the site,whats that) Hey give me a brake im new to the boa system,lol.

Well, Prospect wont be going to St.Louis this year. We went last year but will be going to the Indy. regional this year. Last year we had a great time. Be sure to watch Broken arrow, Owasso, and L.D. Bell, they were the only ones to come out on top of us...lol. It is a Super Regional, and the only difference is that there are ALOT more bands and I think it spans over 2 days. The scoring is the same as all other BOA comprtitions. Prospect did earn a Div. I Rating last year, but that has nothing to do with it being a Super Regional, a Div. I is only when you get a score above, um, I think it is 75 or 80, but I'm not sure. You'll have a great time.

OTHSAX, we are good, but you should have seen Broken Arrow's show! They deserved to beat us at that event. Their unis were kinda strange, but they had all brand new Yamaha sousas, like 10-15 of em, soo nice.

LWCMK, Do you remember a band from GA by the name of Milton, or maybe someone from LWE might recognize the name, I cant remember if they were in DC or at the Fiesta Bowl. I saw you usually go to Indy, as does Marian, I am vrey much so looking forward to this. I think you guys will be at our Knight of Champions too, along with LWE, LP, and some of the other really good ones!

Oh most likely...maybe there should be a special comp. put together to make sure that EVERY IL band is in attendance (spanning over several days)...wait this is starting to sound like state championships and if that happens I'm willing to bet we wouldnt make finals...we'd roll up the sectional with like Marian and LP and not make it lol. But some other band would go to one with no other really good bands there and make it. Oh I can imagine the heated discussion there....whew!

yea,my cousins band is midwest city, and there run by a state system,which doesnt sound to far,in all honesty. There scores in marching even determine how there concert season will be. Im glad we dont have a state system. Now a special comp. for Illinios would be nice,but isnt there U of I, ISU. The problem with those is that they schedule into each other or around each other. So bands have there favorites.

In all honesty, there is politics in every competition, so I really dont think we need to get into that arguement, especially the U of I/ISU one, if I had a nickle for everytime there was an arguement about those two competitions, I'd buy both of them, and their judges and just make it one competition, 2 days, prelims and finals, at U of I, not because I like the U of I competition better, lets face it, it is much nicer than the ISU stadium and provides better acoustics and viewing angles.

Also, your scores in marching season should NOT effect your scores in concert season. Rather, your marching band can only be as successful as your concert program.

Okay, maybe not in all cases, but your concert program usually resembels your marching program. How can you march and play from memory if you can not sit with a piece of music in front of you? I'm sure there is some kind of relationship.

Awesome! There's ALOT of alumni from different schools on here as well. It must be cool to see your son standing where you used to! Do you remember anything about Lincoln-Way from the '70's? (Assuming that the band was developed by then.)

Maybe Prospect is just very different from everyone else...do any of you even know what your show is going to be next year. We usually dont find out ours until the end of May. Just curious.

Oh yeah, and to find any info on anything BOA... log onto www.bands.org

wow thx for the great site! i didnt know they had boa in youngstown, my granpdparents live there. Anyways,yep drummlines already workin on it,latin themed(ugghh). But hey thats my opinion.