Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deleted User

Question?

Guest Deleted User

I was just curious. It should be interesting to see if O'Fallon can take back the title from the LW's.

Another reason I was curious: LWE will NOT be attending this year.

i highly doubt it but its possible,we did beat lincolin way east at state fair,obvously to be honor band my freshman year,but were gonna get slaughtered agaisnt central.

in 2002, when central was honor band, having won against east the year before, LWE did not win the state fair. I put it back to the director. We prepared for the one 4th of july parade we marched that year, took our 3 week break, and came back and started the show. The day before state fair we had a practice, and the only time spent preparing was the last 20 mins, when we paraded around the parking lot so the drumline could clean the cadence and roll off. The band itself had spent the 3 practices that week learning the show music and the day before the parade, learned the first few pages of the show, preparing for band camp which was a few days after the parade. With this season, spending 30-60 mins on parade competition stuff the 2 weeks before the parade, the band was alot more prepared and it showed. But east will not be attending the state fair next year, and most likely not in years to come either because of problems we faced at the parade and having to lose a day of our band camp to travel from carlinville up to springfield and the time lost in the next morning block because of the band's need for sleep.

Guest Deleted User

LWE One, I don't think it's the whole band camp that is the problem (Band camp starts eariler this year). I think it was just that the directors thought it was a hassle.

Also Note: LWE is an "ever-growing" program. I do feel that we were in good shape for the parade Freshman year, but we were not good enough to match the intensity and sound quality of O'Fallon. I'll go as far as saying O'Fallon was daunting Freshman year. LWE has grown 50 members since then, to about 180. Big Change. I'll admit I was still worried about O'Fallon beating us.

That's what we all said as we rolled in and saw your truck. No offense lol. Hey if you are there next year and by us stop by and say hi...I'm korean and (unless something goes HORRIBLY wrong cuz I was assistant this year) I'll be leadin the trumpetline.

Guest Deleted User

At East we honestly have no idea. Right about now I believe the directors are finalizing the basic show concept (music, and basic Idea). Last year, the show was announced to the candidates for Drum Major the Saturday of the audition. The directors do a great job of keeping it under wraps.

Guest Deleted User
so whats the name of your guys show next year?

somehow it wound up in the band section of this website.

I will speak nothing until there is official word, yet, our show for next year from what my high up sources tell me, sounds VERY VERY cool if everyone involved in the production can pull it off!!! I'm really excited! Plus we have more people meaning we have about the ammount that could be ideal for drill. It'll be very excellent either way, just watch out!

Guest Deleted User
Plus we have more people meaning we have about the ammount that could be ideal for drill.

How many people is that?