Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
OTHSAX

isu, u of i, ozarko, on the same day

These are some major contests are band usually goes to ozarko we usually win. I personally think it hurts the contest more then the bands. Isnt weird how there all on the same day?

oops, im sorry i didnt realize my post was that bad, what i meant to say was that haveing atonof major contests scheduled on the same day is alittle weird dont you think?

yep,usually around 30 or 40 bands there. It's in springfield at a univseristy. here are the scores Ozarko Invitational Marching Festival

Springfield, Missouri

October 9, 2004

PRELIMS

MAROON CLASS

SHOLLENBERGER DIVISION

1 Monett

2 West Fork

3 Reeds Spring

4 Aurora

KIRKHAM DIVISION

1 Willard

2 Branson

3 Republic

4 Nevada

5 Potosi

GOLD CLASS

BOEDGES DIVISION

1 Camdenton

2 Nixa

3 Lee's Summit

4 Lebanon

JOSEPH DIVISION

1 O'Fallon

2 Jefferson City

3 Lee's Summit North

4 Hickman

5 Truman

MAROON FINALS

89.55 Branson

85.40 Willard

78.95 Republic

77.75 Monett

77.45 Nevada

77.25 Potosi

75.35 Aurora

71.70 West Fork

70.40 Reeds Spring

Horn Line - Branson

Percussion - Branson

Auxiliary - Willard

Soloist - Nevada

Drum Major - Willard

GOLD FINALS

86.90 Jefferson City

85.30 O'Fallon

81.00 Camdenton

80.70 Nixa

79.80 Hickman

79.40 Lee's Summit North

75.70 Truman

73.90 Lebanon

71.00 Lee's Summit

Horn Line - Jefferson City

Percussion - O'Fallon

Auxiliary - O'Fallon

Soloist - Lee's Summit

Drum Major - Jefferson City, its pretty bigcompetiton ,and we won last year. 10 ahead in prelims or so i heard

Yup...never ever heard of anything there but O'fallon...none of them ring a bell in terms of being good circut bands...If ISU and U of I looked at bands they would target more of the bands upstate from you. (Andrew, Napervilles, United Township, LW's, MC, LP, Prospect, etc.) At least I'd think. What other universities have shows...I know Northern does cuz it was on the show shirts a few years back (before the split and the reduction in number of shows attended).

What other universities have shows...I know Northern does cuz it was on the show shirts a few years back

I'm pretty sure that the Ozarko one is at Southwest Missouri State. But in Illinois, there are shows every year at Western Illinois, Southern Illinois, and Eastern Illinois. McKendree College has done one the last few years, and Rockford College does one with the Phantom Regiment.

I don't think Northern IL has had a show the last couple of years or so... they used to do one, I think with the Cavaliers (not sure on that). Too bad, too.. they probably have one of the best stadiums in the state for something like that.

yea,lol your right smsu. Yea and my missouri bands arent as good as illinios bands,cause of the chicago area. I mean bands they think as good are the francis howell schools, jeff city, and blue springs. Seen all there shows and they were ok. But not as good as id expect them to be. To be the best bands in the state.