Illinois Marching Online
Dan Balash

Shows for the weekend of October 25, 2014

No way is that MCs ending. It left me hanging. I want to know: Is the Diver saved? What happens to her?

Surely there's a final chapter.

http://www.nwitimes.com/three-area-marching-bands-compete-in-regionals/article_efebe131-0790-517a-b7ad-a37008008e09.html

The 220 members of Marian Catholic’s marching band begin their journey to Indianapolis by bus after school Friday, said Bimm, who has been band director for 38 years.

“We have been to the Indianapolis regionals for 20-plus years, and we’ve been to nationals for 30 years,” he said. “We just completed our show. Fall is a building process for the band.”

Saturday’s competition will be the first time the Marian Catholic band performs the complete 10-minute, 15-second show, Bimm said.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't post this.  Downers Grove South will be webcasted for free this weekend:  http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/12th-annual-marching-mustang-music-bowl-at-downers-367057

Indy will be webcasted for $19 for the webcast, or $59 for the package, which gives you access to old videos as well as webcasts of San Antonio, Atlanta, and Grand Nationals.

http://www.musicforall.org/video/live-webcast-schedule

Unless they changed from previous years, Grand Nationals are not included in the $59. You have to pay separate for them, and it's $19 EACH for prelims, semis, and finals ($57 for all GN broadcasts).

Unless they changed from previous years, Grand Nationals are not included in the $59. You have to pay separate for them, and it's $19 EACH for prelims, semis, and finals ($57 for all GN broadcasts).

No, it's included.  I've bought the $59 package ever since it has been offered.

When you can't be there in person, you can still enjoy a live performance through the Live Premium Plan. Subscribe now to gain access to 2014 Bands of America Super Regional live webcasts (St. Louis, Atlanta, Indianapolis and San Antonio), Grand National live webcasts, Music for All National Festival webcasts. Please note that only Super Regionals and Grand Nationals are webcast live during the Fall. Other Regionals are not webcast live and only available as video on demand, after the event.

That is not Marian's ending. They have a whole song they have yet to play. If I learned anything watching marian over the last few years the show will not be the same in 3 weeks for nationals. Amazing show so far. Can't wait to see it clean!

You are so right Dan, I think it's a great show musically and Mr Bimm is a great drill writer.  He used to write the drills for Newton during the Domineck era.

Good luck to all today.

I agree, it's probably the best program they've had in five years which is saying a lot since I also enjoyed 2011 and 2012! It is nice to see them rebounding in a big way after a lackluster season - Probably the weakest I think I've seen from them EVER, save 2006. They run more of a risk than some of the other programs by adding 2-3 minutes so late in the season though and while they probably have more room to grow, that immediately cements them as likely the 4th place band at today's regional. Who knows though? We'll see how it looks!

That is not Marian's ending. They have a whole song they have yet to play. If I learned anything watching marian over the last few years the show will not be the same in 3 weeks for nationals. Amazing show so far. Can't wait to see it clean!

Looked fine. Maybe someone who knows the Marian program better can interject, but the fact that they have what looks to be the entire thing on the field now vs. ISU means they've added roughly half their program over the past two weeks.

Some individuals are sticking out of the ensemble with poor posture on the multi-cam. That bugs me. I'd have to catch the high-cam to check spacing and movement consistency. Marian will never be the cleanest band at BOA because there are simply bands, like Broken Arrow and others.. who have the benefit of numbers so they can audition (I assume Marian does not) and have a better chance to hit the ground running with a more fundamentally sound group. What they do have going for them with this show is ridiculous responsibility (mus+vis books) so much depends to what degree the judges will take that into consideration at the appropriate time and round. 

This show has everything. Great feel. A lot of other good bands out there. 

Indianapolis prelims results:

Class A:

1) Bellbrook, OH

2) Western, IN

3) Forest Park, IN

Music: Bellbrook, OH

Visual: Bellbrook, OH
GE: Bellbrook, OH

Class AA:

1) Marian Catholic, IL

2) Rockwood Summit, MO

3) Greenwood Community, IN

Music: Marian Catholic, IL
Visual: Marian Catholic, IL
GE: Marian Catholic, IL

Class AAA:

1) Franklin, TN

2) Prospect, IL

3) Castle, IN

Music: Franklin, TN
Visual: Prospect, IL
GE: Franklin, TN

Class AAAA:

1) Carmel, IN

2) Avon, IN

3) Homestead, IN

Music: Carmel, IN
Visual: Carmel, IN
GE: Carmel, IN

Finalists:

Carroll, IN
Marian Catholic, IL
Lawrence Township, IN
Carmel, IN
Avon, IN
Columbus North, IN
Prospect, IL
Bentonville, AR
Ben Davis, IN
O'Fallon Township, IL
Homestead, IN
Center Grove, IN
Castle, IN
Lake Central, IN
Franklin, TN

Congrats to Prospect, Marian Catholic, and O'fallon on making finals!

A couple quick thoughts: 

I'm not surprised Carmel overtook Avon, as Avon had a rough performance by their standards (I thought Homestead was better than them as well).

This regional was stacked. I watched most of prelims and I thought there were 20+ bands that were good enough to make finals. I do not envy the judges.

When's the last time Centerville didn't make a regional finals?  Ever?

Anyways, lineup order for tonight:

7:00 p.m. - Class Champion Exhibition: Bellbrook H.S., OH
7:15 p.m. - Lake Central H.S., IN
7:30 p.m. - Lawrence Township H.S., IN
7:45 p.m. - Homestead H.S., IN
8:00 p.m. - Center Grove H.S., IN
8:15 p.m. - Ben Davis H.S., IN
8:30 p.m. - O'Fallon Township H.S., IL
8:45 p.m. - Prospect H.S., IL
9:00 p.m. - Carmel H.S., IN
9:15 p.m. - Bentonville H.S., AR
9:30 p.m. - Columbus North H.S., IN
9:45 p.m. - Franklin H.S., TN
10:00 p.m. - Carroll H.S., IN
10:15 p.m. - Marian Catholic H.S., IL
10:30 p.m. - Castle H.S., IN
10:45 p.m. - Avon H.S., IN
11:00 p.m. - Exhibition: University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire

When's the last time Centerville didn't make a regional finals?  Ever?

Anyways, lineup order for tonight:

7:00 p.m. - Class Champion Exhibition: Bellbrook H.S., OH

7:15 p.m. - Lake Central H.S., IN

7:30 p.m. - Lawrence Township H.S., IN

7:45 p.m. - Homestead H.S., IN

8:00 p.m. - Center Grove H.S., IN

8:15 p.m. - Ben Davis H.S., IN

8:30 p.m. - O'Fallon Township H.S., IL

8:45 p.m. - Prospect H.S., IL

9:00 p.m. - Carmel H.S., IN

9:15 p.m. - Bentonville H.S., AR

9:30 p.m. - Columbus North H.S., IN

9:45 p.m. - Franklin H.S., TN

10:00 p.m. - Carroll H.S., IN

10:15 p.m. - Marian Catholic H.S., IL

10:30 p.m. - Castle H.S., IN

10:45 p.m. - Avon H.S., IN

11:00 p.m. - Exhibition: University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire

I missed Centerville's performance. Are they having a down year or was the regional just that stacked?

I missed Centerville's performance. Are they having a down year or was the regional just that stacked?

Not really.  They were 2nd to Mason (4 points behind) at the Dayton regional, and right on Goshen and PCEP's tail at Toledo.

What does everybody think of prospects show?

Rule for thought: The majority of the time you ask for praise you won't always get it it. Wait it out until it naturally comes up, since I am one hundred percent sure that it will come for you guys. :)

All the finalists at Indy are going to kill it!

Dan: I believe this is the first time they have ever missed a regional finals. Them and Norwin are the top 2 for most regional wins plus being finalists. I am also sure this would take them out of most regional finals appearances too (Marian I know for sure it's no. 1, PCEP probably).

I will take that into consideration :P. We are waiting the bus now. So nervous! Never been to Indy before. I've only been to saint Louis. Good luck to everyone! I'm sad lake park didn't make it:( I like their show

I will take that into consideration :P. We are waiting the bus now. So nervous! Never been to Indy before. I've only been to saint Louis. Good luck to everyone! I'm sad lake park didn't make it:( I like their show

Have fun with it!! Wonderful stadium/wonderful groups!

Rule for thought: The majority of the time you ask for praise you won't always get it it. Wait it out until it naturally comes up, since I am one hundred percent sure that it will come for you guys. :)

All the finalists at Indy are going to kill it!

Dan: I believe this is the first time they have ever missed a regional finals. Them and Norwin are the top 2 for most regional wins plus being finalists. I am also sure this would take them out of most regional finals appearances too (Marian I know for sure it's no. 1, PCEP probably).

I know there's a thread (probably started by me) on the BOA forums with most regional finals appearances.