Illinois Marching Online
Guest Brucknerfanatic8

New Uniforms

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Its been a while since I posted but do we have any news to new uniforms or enhancements to old uniforms for bands throughout the state. I know last year we had a lot of bands get new uniforms i.e. Prospect, Morton, Normal West, Lincolnway North, and even though they got them before Grand Nationals in 2011 Victor J Andrew. Post away if you have any.

Mt. Zion I know is getting new uniforms, as well as Rock Island.  We might see Lincoln-Way East and North with "alterations/new" uniforms this year, as I believe both were exclusive to the theme last year.  We might see a number of new uniforms over the next few years, as bands who debuted new uniforms in the mid 2000's are coming up to the end of the uniform life cycle.

O'Fallon is also looking to get new uniforms, but those might be a few years off.  Those are the picture below.

NewUniform_400.jpg

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Mt. Zion I know is getting new uniforms, as well as Rock Island.  We might see Lincoln-Way East and North with "alterations/new" uniforms this year, as I believe both were exclusive to the theme last year.  We might see a number of new uniforms over the next few years, as bands who debuted new uniforms in the mid 2000's are coming up to the end of the uniform life cycle.

O'Fallon is also looking to get new uniforms, but those might be a few years off.  Those are the picture below.

NewUniform_400.jpg

Is this a trial uniform? Or will these be the ones that they get.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Tri-Valley as well.

Even though that is not a major breakthrough in design it is a major improvement for Tri-Valley and should make marching around the field so much more satisfying and practical. Are these for this year?

Its been a while since I posted but do we have any news to new uniforms or enhancements to old uniforms for bands throughout the state. I know last year we had a lot of bands get new uniforms i.e. Prospect, Morton, Normal West, Lincolnway North, and even though they got them before Grand Nationals in 2011 Victor J Andrew. Post away if you have any.

Don't forget Lockport!

Ive heard rumors about Minooka, Mt. Zion, and Plainfield.

None of these are confirmed though.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Don't forget Lockport!

I knew I forgot someone. I also forgot Thornton Fractional South.

Plainfield North will be sporting new "gently used" uniforms from a Texas school in 2013.

Do we know which one? I wonder what "gently used" means as well knowing the intensity of Texas marching bands.

Do we know which one? I wonder what "gently used" means as well knowing the intensity of Texas marching bands.

I believe they are from Westfield.  Looking at the old BOA videos on the Fan Network, I THINK Westfield debuted these in 2006, and if Jolesch's photographs are to be believed, they wore them through 2011.  In other words, they still have at least a few more years usage out of them.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

I believe they are from Westfield.  Looking at the old BOA videos on the Fan Network, I THINK Westfield debuted these in 2006, and if Jolesch's photographs are to be believed, they wore them through 2011.  In other words, they still have at least a few more years usage out of them.

Intresting. I know Westfield has taken a very different direction when it has come to marching band since they won Grand Nationals in 2003. I wonder what made them decide to get new uniforms. I remember that they had those red, black and white ones in 2003. I'll have to scour for what the 2006 ones look like. Do they look anything like those old ones or are they completely different.

Intresting. I know Westfield has taken a very different direction when it has come to marching band since they won Grand Nationals in 2003. I wonder what made them decide to get new uniforms. I remember that they had those red, black and white ones in 2003. I'll have to scour for what the 2006 ones look like. Do they look anything like those old ones or are they completely different.

Westfield is still around-they just don't compete in BOA events anymore.

This is the uniform I believe PN is getting:

994872_10100432243951828_455039124_n.jpg

This is their new uniform:

DSC_3524.jpg?disposition=download

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Westfield is still around-they just don't compete in BOA events anymore.

This is the uniform I believe PN is getting:

994872_10100432243951828_455039124_n.jpg

This is their new uniform:

DSC_3524.jpg?disposition=download

Wow those are completely different from the old Westfield though the new ones look more like the old ones which is good. I can definitely see why PN could you those color scheme wise. The darker red seems good for them to differentiate, however, I would have loved to see some white in there for them though I am just happy that they get out of those dresses that they used to wear. Love to see what FJM could create for them in the future along with several other schools. Now we wait for the rest of the schools. I would love to see Minooka, Joliet West and Nequa Valley all get treatment. Oh and didn't Westfield also stop doing UIL too.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Lincoln-Way East:

945972_10200467373147578_1530761629_n.jpg

Welcome back blue! Reminds me so much of 2010 which is a good thing since those were my favorite. I also won't mind if they keep doing this for several more years. Such an awesome concept. Also digging Edwardsville too.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Rock Island:

Band:

1238181_10201554275329929_1910082394_n.jpg

Drum Majors:

1150365_10201554194127899_414634605_n.jpg

Oooooooooooo!!! I like these a lot. Go Rock Island for the cool new uniforms those are a real upgrade.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Mt. Zion's new uniforms in action:

c7cfb4043eeb8cc85d1525ee5f3c46ca.jpg?sc_id=2247

2b5537e67a810ac9e6fceba7f4386de6.jpg?sc_id=74917

My first thought was I hated these from the teaser photo. However, these are super slick especially with the shako. Oh it makes me so excited to see these. New uniforms make bands look so much better both as performers and full picture wise. They bring a slight intimidation factor of they must be good. Even though it's not always the case but it can do a bit so people don't judge so quickly at first.

Lincoln-Way East:

945972_10200467373147578_1530761629_n.jpg

Not sure how I feel about these.  They have been doing this type of thing forever.  I don't know if they ever plan to completely replace their actual uniform or not.

Forever?  It's been what, 3 years?  That is hardly "forever"!  ???