Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Balash

Scores for the weekend of October 27, 2012

It is the last week of the 2012 Illinois season.  Thanks for a great season from all bands.  The season is not over for several IL bands after this weekend-Grand Nationals is 2 weeks from Thursday.

We're going to try and get ISU scores posted here, our Facebook page and our Twitter feed ASAP as they come in.

Also, if you're at a show tomorrow and on Twitter, be sure to use #ilmarching so we can keep up with what is going on.  Also, take pictures and send them to us! :)

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!  :thumbsup:

ISU Prelims

1A

1. Herscher (GE, Visual)

2. IVC

3. U-High (Crowd, Music)

2A

1. Morton (Music, Visual)

2. LWW (GE)

3. Lakes Community

Metamora (Crowd)

3A

1. Marian Catholic (Music, GE, Visual)

2. Lemont (Crowd)

3. Normal West

4A

1. LWN (Music, GE)

2. Plainfield North (Crowd)

3. LWC (Visual)

1A-4A Finalists:

Herscher, Morton, Marian Catholic, LWN, LWC, Plainfield North, Lemont

LWW took GE over Morton

Having watched both performances, I definitely think Morton should have gotten that. Either way, I'm sure that caption was very close.

If the past is any indicator, I bet LWW was more or less on Morton's heels.

I will post 3A/4A awards as they happen... Unfortunately my wife has given me the stomach flu and I will need to go home after that. If someone at ISU can post the remaining awards, it would be greatly appreciated.

How will we/when will we know who ended up in the top 3/bottom 4?

By the finals schedule.  First 4 bands will be the 4 low scoring bands from 1A-4A.  Positions 5-7 will be the 3 lowest scoring bands from 5A-6A.  Positions 8-14 in finals will be a random draw of the top 4 scoring bands from 5A-6A and top 3 bands from 1A-4A.

So there's no way to know beforehand to plan for travel? The band I wanna see could be in the top three or the bottom four. Just wing it then? Haha.

I would recommend going for all of finals-especially since the stands aren't being cleared.  Good luck getting a good seat!

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

3A

1) Marian Catholic (Music,Visual,GE)

2) Lemont (Crowd)

3) Normal West

4A

1) Lincoln-Way North (Music,GE)

2) Plainfield North (Crowd)

3) Lincoln-Way Central (Visual)

1A-4A Finalists

Herscher

Morton

Marian Catholic

Lincoln-Way North

Plainfield North

Lemont

Lincoln-Way Central

Class 5A:

1.) Prospect (GE)

2.) Lincoln-Way East (Visual)

3.) O'Fallon Township

Music: John Hersey

Class 6A:

1.) Lake Park (Music, Visual)

2.) Lockport (GE)

3.) Naperville North

Finalists: Prospect, Lake Park, Lincoln-Way East, O'Fallon Township, Naperville North, Victor J. Andrew, Lockport.

Finals results:

1) Marian Catholic

2) Prospect

3) Lake Park

4) Lockport Township

5) Lincoln-Way East

6) Lincoln-Way North

7) O'Fallon Township

8) Plainfield North

9) Morton

10) Victor J. Andrew

11) Naperville North

12) Lincoln-Way Central

13) Lemont

14) Herscher

Few thoughts:

Congrats to Herscher and Lemont, who made their first ISU Finals appearances in 11 and 6 years respectively!

Also Congrats to Naperville North, who surprised some people by making their way into finals.

As far as bands shows:

I LOVED Victor J. Andrew's show. Loved the power, intensity, and emotion put into it, and you can tell that that was a great show for that band

Lockport impresses time and time again. Their ability to create monumental impact points without a drumline is something quite remarkable

Marian Catholic once again just put on a virtually flawless show. Not too much more to say about that

Prospect's show was very heavy in effect, and their ability to balance sound was a big part of what made that show great. Some of the most powerful woodwinds I've heard.

I only caught O'Fallon in prelims, where I was very impressed. They really put together an incredible show in all manners.

Lake Park's show was another one that specifically caught my eye, great use of props to enhance effect.

LWE also had a great show tonight, and had spot-on visuals that looked quite impressive.

That's all I really caught from it. But congratulations to all bands who performed at ISU, and also congratulations to the 14 finalists, as that is always a remarkable display of youth talent and dedication that isn't replicated.

Congrats on a great 2012 season to all!

Finals Scores: Prelims will be posted this afternoon after I get home from work.  Recap attached.

1) 89.00 - Marian Catholic

2) 84.00 - Prospect

3) 83.50 - Lake Park

4) 81.55 - Lockport

5) 81.45 - Lincoln-Way East

6) 81.00 - Lincoln-Way North

7) 80.00 - O'Fallon

8) 79.65 - Plainfield North

9) 79.20 - Morton

10) 78.05 - Victor J. Andrew

11) 76.15 - Naperville North

12) 75.85 - Lincoln-Way Central

13) 72.20 - Lemont

14) 65.45 - Herscher

Those are some VERY tight scores. All that says to me is that we got a fantastic representation. Last night was the fourth finals show I've seen- I marched with a band that made finals all four years I was in school, so I could never see- but this was by far the best. A stunning performance. Everyone should be extraordinarily proud of the work they've done. Illinois' finest really shone last night.