Who wins 3A at ISU?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins 3A at ISU?

• Normal West
    • United Township
    • Lemont
    • Marian Catholic
    • Bloomington

I right now am seeing some differences. Props to UT for putting out an outstanding performance at DGS. The way I see it now:

1. Marian Catholic

2. United Township

3. Lemont

2 and 3 make finals. This is really tough though. Not one of the 4 bands besides Marian is locked into any spot. I think it's the most interesting class at ISU this year.

My guess is:

1. Marian Catholic

2. Normal West

3. United Township  / Lemont tie

I can see Marian 7 pointing the field but 2nd, 3rd, and 4th could be less than 2 points apart and 2nd definitely gets into finals.  Marian Catholic has clearly earned the incredible reputation they have and Normal West, Lemont, United Township or Bloomington should have no shame in coming in 2nd to them.  It seems to me that all the 3a bands have elevated in the last few years and maybe it is knowing they have to go up against the seemingly unbeatable juggernaut that Marian is.

Can hardly wait.... and my mind is racing at the possibilities of 2 finalists coming out of 2a,  3a, and 4a.  Or the interesting notion that someone put out of all the LW schools in finals.  Definitely see 2 finalists coming out of 3A

A big problem with 3a is the face that Normal West doesn't compete with any of the other schools in the conference. Definitely Marian takes the class, but the rest is sketchy. History will say that Normal will take 2nd, but we can't actually make that comparison. If I had to take a guess, I'd say

Marion

Normal West

United Township, because they beat Lemont pretty handily this past weekend at DGS

History will say that Normal will take 2nd, but we can't actually make that comparison.

This is actually inaccurate.  History would tell us that United Township would come in 2nd.  They have beat Normal West a lot more than Normal West has beaten them.

History will say that Normal will take 2nd, but we can't actually make that comparison.

This is actually inaccurate.  History would tell us that United Township would come in 2nd.  They have beat Normal West a lot more than Normal West has beaten them.

Depends on how far back you go. The past four years, Normal has beaten UT in prelims at ISU 3 times. I didn't go farther because that is judging too far back instead of the more recent years.

"A big problem with 3a is the face that Normal West doesn't compete with any of the other schools in the conference."

I agree this makes the prediction tougher because while there is the recent outcome of United Township beating Lemont at DGS, we also have Bloomington beating United Township at Morton in week 2.  Then it become a real stretch to have to compare Normal West beating Limestone at Washington and then Limestone beating United Township at Morton. 

I can't wait to cheer for all of them!

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

1) Marian Catholic

2) Bloomington

3) United Township

Marian and Bloomington as finalists.

What's really mind boggling, is that all four of these bands are finals caliber on paper, and yet they have to be spread out 2nd through 5th. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if 2nd through 5th were all within 2 points.

I have to agree, this class is a complete crap shoot. And I still see  second and third making finals.