Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
hostrauser

Add Size to Band Profile Pages?

I have a recommendation: since so many shows during the season are classed based on band size (like the Lake Park Lancer Joust), perhaps that could be added to the band bio page? On the right side, under school colors, or with the enrollment/IMO figures?

I have a large list I've compiled based on (a) numbers reported on band websites, (B) counting personnel listed on rosters at band websites, or © counting performers in whole-field photographs or "picture day" photos. I can provide what I have, but can't vouch 100% for accuracy or current relevance.

I have a recommendation: since so many shows during the season are classed based on band size (like the Lake Park Lancer Joust), perhaps that could be added to the band bio page? On the right side, under school colors, or with the enrollment/IMO figures?

I have a large list I've compiled based on (a) numbers reported on band websites, (B) counting personnel listed on rosters at band websites, or © counting performers in whole-field photographs or "picture day" photos. I can provide what I have, but can't vouch 100% for accuracy or current relevance.

I like this idea.  I can possibly "borrow" the numbers from our sponsor, Voxitatis, as he gets most (if not all) of the numbers. 

EDIT: Do we include color guard members in our count?  Most "band size" shows around here do not include guard members in the count.

We'll also have a breakdown on each festival page in 2012 of how classes are broken down at each respective festival.  Some of them are...interesting.

EDIT: Do we include color guard members in our count?  Most "band size" shows around here do not include guard members in the count.

I would say go with whatever the regional norm is... so no, apparently. Just musicians.

I would. I know that a lot of shows down here around St. Louis include Color Guard such as McKendree.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this