Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brucknerfanatic8

The Midwest Clinic 2011

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

So yet again with the concert band/general music part of the forum. So who is excited for this year's event? What are everyone's thoughts on the Illinois bands doing clinics or performing? What about the outside groups? The clinicians? I'm particularly excited for Lockport, Downer's Grove South, CYSO, Richard Saucedo, Frank Ticheli, Alfread Watikins just to name a few. Let's keep this part of the forum rolling. Concert band is just as exciting as marching band (sometimes) :).

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Some very good programs on the list this year.  I might go either Thursday or Friday again this year and meet up with some friends.

Kind of surprised to see no groups doing any Mackey pieces.

That made me smile and nod emphatically.

Actually a middle school will be doing Foundry by Mackey. I think Cross-Timbers was the name. And congrats to the Downers Grove South Jazz Ensemble, and the St.Charles North Jazz Ensemble, and people affliated with CYSO, and ect.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

What is lockport doing/playing?

I'm not a hundred percent sure though they are a model high school band for a clinic. Man its saddening how dry this forum gets after marching band season ends. Yes I know it's  Illinois Marching Online but the main part of marching is band so come on people keep the comments coming. We can still have a heated discussion on band topics even though its not on a football field.