Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Balash

2012 Contest Dates

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Well, for anyone interested, I have confirmed that O'Fallon is attending ISU this year in place of GSL. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I have fake tears of joy right now.

Well, for anyone interested, I have confirmed that O'Fallon is attending ISU this year in place of GSL. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Good!  Even better, they save $500 in registration fees.  (I still can't believe GSL is $1,000...)

Random question: What's the cheapest show in Illinois to participate in?  There's a show in South Carolina that charges bands a ridiculously small $50-and they have a top of the line panel too.

Guest Brucknerfanatic8

Good!  Even better, they save $500 in registration fees.  (I still can't believe GSL is $1,000...)

Random question: What's the cheapest show in Illinois to participate in?  There's a show in South Carolina that charges bands a ridiculously small $50-and they have a top of the line panel too.

Okay I can't even believe that O'Fallon would even then consider going to GSL and anyway but Illinois would there be a registration that is only $50.

This is awesom news.  I just checked the calendar.  I had a feeling she would change her mind on this one.

This is awesom news.  I just checked the calendar.  I had a feeling she would change her mind on this one.

She had basically 2 3 choices: Belleville East/Francis Howell Central, ISU or not compete, as GSL was cancelled.

This will be a good year. If I'm not mistaken, pretty much all of the "heavy hitters" will be at ISU, including John Hersey. Is there anyone that is missing? I hope that Edwardsville and Bellville East come up again this year.

This will be a good year. If I'm not mistaken, pretty much all of the "heavy hitters" will be at ISU, including John Hersey. Is there anyone that is missing? I hope that Edwardsville and Bellville East come up again this year.

Based on what I've been able to find so far from tentative band calendars, the bands that are not coming back are Belleville East (hosting), Rock Island (WIU), Richmond-Burton, Pontiac and Huntley.  Highland has posted ISU on their band calendar from 1/31, East Peoria has it on their calendar, and Lincoln Community has it posted on their Charms calendar with a question mark.

$1000?! 

Midwest Percussion Cooperative Fall Showcase Marching Percussion Standstill: Sunday, October 21 at Naperville Central.  Time TBD.

Also, here are the current bands signed up for Normal West's inaugural competition:

Central A&M High School - Moweaqua, IL (competing for the first season ever!)

Davenport Central High School - Davenport, IA

Eureka High School - Eureka, IL

Limestone Community High School - Bartonville, IL

Morton High School - Morton, IL

Normal West High School - Normal, IL (exhibition)

Pontiac Township High School - Pontiac, IL

Prairie Central High School - Fairbury, IL

University High School - Normal, IL

Olympian Marching Band Festival at Rich Central in Olympia Fields: October 13th.

Band directors: Looking for a show on October 20th?  Why not compete at Danville High School in Indiana?  Bands will be judged on ISSMA judging sheets, sorted by school size.  The enrollment fee is $200, with a $50 discount for any bands traveling more than 120 miles!  :thumbsup:  For more information, contact Adrian Hartsough, director of bands at ahartsough@danville.k12.in.us, and to submit your entry, visit http://www.danvillewarriorbands.com/warriorprideinvite.htm

Tolono Unity Collage: cancelled.

The Midwest Percussion Cooperative will now be hosting an event in conjunction with the Naperville Central Marching Classic on October 6th at Benedictine University in Lisle.  More information to come.