Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Balash

2012 Contest Dates

As much as I, a member of O'Fallon's band, would love to come to ISU this year, the thought of giving up our annual Gold Division Championship at Greater St Louis sickens me. We spent too much time getting to where we are with that compition to give it up. We want the Three-peat, so ISU's not going to happen. sorry

Like I said, I'd rather head north as well, but not at the expense of giving up a compition that allows us to impose our will and bring home a three-peat. Id rather go to ISU, but its not going to happen.

You'd rather go to a show with a 5 judge panel, with so-so judges, a show that judges based on band size?  If I was a band director preparing to take my kids to Grand Nationals, I'd much rather take my kids to ISU, where you get the opportunity of 2 shows if you advance, with a 7 judge panel  (some of which will see you 2 weeks later) with bands based on school size, with a much better lineup of bands.  Not one of the bands at GSL attended Grand Nationals this year-with only 5 or 6 doing regionals.  Nearly half of the bands at ISU did at least one BOA event this season. 

Not to mention, you save $550 on entry fees.

Better not let Melissa and Evan hear you talking like that, that you're going to "impose your will" on other bands.

As much as I, a member of O'Fallon's band, would love to come to ISU this year, the thought of giving up our annual Gold Division Championship at Greater St Louis sickens me. We spent too much time getting to where we are with that compition to give it up. We want the Three-peat, so ISU's not going to happen. sorry

Like I said, I'd rather head north as well, but not at the expense of giving up a compition that allows us to impose our will and bring home a three-peat. Id rather go to ISU, but its not going to happen.

You'd rather go to a show with a 5 judge panel, with so-so judges, a show that judges based on band size?  If I was a band director preparing to take my kids to Grand Nationals, I'd much rather take my kids to ISU, where you get the opportunity of 2 shows if you advance, with a 7 judge panel  (some of which will see you 2 weeks later) with bands based on school size, with a much better lineup of bands.  Not one of the bands at GSL attended Grand Nationals this year-with only 5 or 6 doing regionals.  Nearly half of the bands at ISU did at least one BOA event this season. 

Better not let Melissa and Evan hear you talking like that, that you're going to "impose your will" on other bands.

Don't forget that Dr G is an alum of ISU.  I hope she chooses ISU for the exact reason Dan stated.  This is about moving the program fourward, not being content with trophies.  I vote for ISU

Don't forget that Dr G is an alum of ISU.  I hope she chooses ISU for the exact reason Dan stated.  This is about moving the program fourward, not being content with trophies.  I vote for ISU

I see what ya did there.  8)

First of all, let me apologize. I did not mean to come off as arrogant as that sounds. I was simmply trying to say how gsl is more likely given our history there. I did not mean to come off as bashing othergroups or compitions.

Looking at their calendar, Belleville East and Limestone are tentatively planning on hosting on September 22nd.

We've posted the beginnings of a 2012 schedule here.

Here's what we're missing as of right now that was hosted in 2011.  Does anyone have any dates for these shows?  I know it's early.  A few (or more) of these could be in danger because of the interesting format of the 2012 schedule.

• McHenry
  • Dwight
  • Sandburg
  • Rich Central
  • Quincy
  • Shelbyville
  • Mahomet-Seymour
  • Oblong

Additional Information - Normal West Marching Band Invitational at IWU

Festival Website:

www.nwmbinvitational.org

Printable application:

http://www.normalwestbands.org/documents/revisedapp12.pdf

OR Online application:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dGVFamhvSDhJR0FEd3ppM2hsdlNDVFE6MQ#gid=0

Grayslake North: September 16th

Marengo: October 7th:

McKendree: September 29th

That's it for university shows, save for NIU/Phantom Regiment, and we'll get a clearer date on that when the MAC Conference releases their schedule.

Stagg judging panel confirmed-it's on their festivals page if anyone is interested.

Olympia: September 29th.  New this year is an optional clinic with one of the judges for each band.

Also, the U of I application went live today.  Fill it out here:  http://bands.illinois.edu/content/illini-marching-band-championships

Class breakdowns will be as follows.

1A: 1-350

2A: 351-800

3A: 801-1100

4A: 1101-1600

5A: 1601-2500

6A: 2500+

Scheduling as such:  2A, 3A, 1A followed by 5A, 6A, 4A.

Newton: October 20th.

Entry form and Invitation are attached.

Newton will be in the morning and Effingham in the afternoon.

Also, we have a list of confirmed participants in the Illini Marching Band Championships.

1A-3A (currently full): http://ilmarching.com/festivals_detail.php?FestivalID=465&archive=0

4A-6A: http://ilmarching.com/festivals_detail.php?FestivalID=464&archive=0

McHenry (non-competitive): September 8th.

Dwight: September 23rd

Oblong: October 27th

I'll throw these two up there as well, as we have band(s) planning to attend:

-Penn (Mishawaka), IN: September 22nd

-Mukwonago, WI: September 15th