OTHSAX

NAPERVILLE NORTH

hmm...if i remember correctly...

the first part of front page is something Moore wrote himself

then the around the world part includes licks from

Royal Britannia

Le Marseilleise

the Deutchland, Deutchland song

I forget the name of the italian part (tarantella comes to mind, it's probably way off)

Sampson and Delilah

Hava Nagilah

Sakura Sakura

Ahn Mai

Waltzing Matilda

Aloha-oi

California Hear I Come

Yellow Rose of Texas

New York, New York

Hail to the Chief

(phew :) )

The second movement is mostly original but it is influenced a bit by Harlem Nocturne and one other piece, which I unfortunatey I can't remember.

Third movement, again original but it is based off of the Looney Tunes theme and the pit feature is a bit of The Sorceror's Apprentice.

Fourth Movement

Mendelssohn's Wedding March

amazing Grace

Fifth Movement

Take me out to the ball game

Various College Fight songs (U of I, Northwestern, U of Michigan)

phew *gasps for air*, I think that's it. Hope that helped. :)

Ok, lets get something straight. Naperville North's show this year is really, really, REALLY bad. Although the band may be good, there color gaurd is lacking at best, and their uniforms are hideous. As for thier drumline and pit, they arn't good at all, i'm sorry. The pit has easy, EASY notes and they still screw them up, and the drumline plays nothing but buzzes, AND their snares march match grip!!! What is this!?!!? Certailny not worthy of 2nd at state AT ALL. The concept really isn't even that clever, and the show is waaaaaaaay too simple, not to mention boring. Who knows who bribed the judges from NNHS, all i know is that i think lincoln way central and wheaton warrenville south got jipped big time this year. Not only did LWC have an amazing color gaurd(1st in state after prelims) and AMAZING drumline, their band was awesome too, and so was the show. Same with WWS, their color gaurd and drumline also very good and clean, along wth thier band. WWS had awesome concept, and on top of it, they pulled it off greatly. Marion Catholic's show was alright, good concept, and the band wasn't bad ethier. MC's color gaurd was nothing special, but thier drumline stepped up a bit this year, actually having an interesting and sort of meaty drum solo, insted of doing what they usually do, 8th note patterns for 4 measures with a sticks in after the down beat on the 5 the measure. MC definatley did not deserve 1st place this year at all. In conclusion, the judges at ISU have to drop the reputation way of judgeing, and actually give good scores to those who deserve it.

i agree. our guard sucks. know why? SOMEBODY wont acknowledge i'm also a captain. there is SO much drama this year . everyone hates everyone else .. but everyone loves me .. even the girls i dont like love me. ..insane? YES. there are like a billion rookies.. some of them suck like no other. no one's having ANY fun. our coach is never there (but thats okay. he has another job). the same SOMEBODY is always in charge.. of everything.. i used to love guard and "life w/out guard is like no life at all" but NOT ANYMORE!! i hate it soo much. what a horrible senior year. im not looking forward to winterguard at ALL. all the girls complain to ME about how guard is no fun and how they hate certain people (mainly the same 2 people.. the SOMEBODY and her little ..follower). i swear im going insane.

thank you for your time.. i need to rant every once in awhile or my brain will explode. :P

anyway.. i love how everyone either loves us.. or hates us.. no one is like.. opinion-less :rolleyes:

i agree. our guard sucks. know why? SOMEBODY wont acknowledge i'm also a captain. there is SO much drama this year . everyone hates everyone else .. but everyone loves me .. even the girls i dont like love me. ..insane? YES. there are like a billion rookies.. some of them suck like no other. no one's having ANY fun. our coach is never there (but thats okay. he has another job). the same SOMEBODY is always in charge.. of everything.. i used to love guard and "life w/out guard is like no life at all" but NOT ANYMORE!! i hate it soo much. what a horrible senior year.

I saw your Guard and it didn't suck. In fact, it looks much better than in years in the past. And you all obviously had a lot of FUN when you tied for 2nd place at state. That's when the payoff happens. Rehearsals aren't supposed to be that fun. It's the payoff that is fun and the performances.

Also, since you are in a leadership position, instead of listening to people complain and saying that YOU hate guard, you should step up and be a leader and not stoop to the lower levels of complaining. Talk to your coach about it too if you need too. But often if the studet leaders of a group bicker and don't work past problems, nothing will change. IT will only get worse. Communication is key. This is just some friendly advice. Have a good senior year!

there is SO much drama this year . everyone hates everyone else .. but everyone loves me .. even the girls i dont like love me. ..insane? YES. there are like a billion rookies.. some of them suck like no other. no one's having ANY fun.

that sounds like my school's guard. we have the oddest combination of girls, and they all hate eachother, except for the guard captain.

once again, i was totally random.

there is SO much drama this year . everyone hates everyone else .. but everyone loves me .. even the girls i dont like love me. ..insane? YES. there are like a billion rookies.. some of them suck like no other. no one's having ANY fun.

that sounds like my school's guard. we have the oddest combination of girls, and they all hate eachother, except for the guard captain.

It's a section of all (or prodominantly) girls. Arguing and fighting is the feminine condition.

It's a section of all (or prodominantly) girls. Arguing and fighting is the feminine condition.

good excuse....

how do u explain the cavies drama , huh?

Naper North is what I really enjoy in marching bands. Good, original and fun shows.

I also liked Central's show this year.

Put it to you this way, I'd rather see an entertaining show than a tribute to the Franco-Prussian and Crimean wars that some of these other bands are performing.

B-O-R-I-N-G. :P

At least there are some out there bringing fun into marching band.

Sarah:

If you don't love the activity I would suggest that you leave it. If your heart really isn't in it (not knowing the music) and everyone is getting on your nerves, why are you still doing that. With the feelings you have about colorguard, stop now so your memories are not horrible.....

Guard can do so much for people.

omg i could never leave guard! i dunno what i said about the music.. .. marching band music?? wait.. i know the music. i just didnt know what they were called! i hardly ever count during a performance, i go by the music.. which is bad for domes.. but.. i <3 guard and i could never leave it. even if i do hate some people in it. it's my last year, i have a solo, i cant leave now. i lOVE performing. i discovered that in 4th grade.. i was in this one figure skating show.. anyway, i couldnt stand being home all the time. id rather put up w/ people in my guard than go home..

Not sure if I'm allowed to post in a topic that "died" 2.5 years ago.. lol

I was talking to one of my fellow ex-guard-captains yesterday and we really miss guard! She's helping out at a local high school and..well my school doesn't have a guard (college guards are kind of boring anyway) but if we did have one, I think I'd be in it just becasue I miss performing. And I'd make sure the routines are a bit harder than what normal college bands do.

Anyway... NNHS is doing pretty amazing this year. So far. From what I hear :D

Not sure if I'm allowed to post in a topic that "died" 2.5 years ago.. lol

I was talking to one of my fellow ex-guard-captains yesterday and we really miss guard! She's helping out at a local high school and..well my school doesn't have a guard (college guards are kind of boring anyway) but if we did have one, I think I'd be in it just becasue I miss performing. And I'd make sure the routines are a bit harder than what normal college bands do.

Anyway... NNHS is doing pretty amazing this year. So far. From what I hear :D

wow Sarah H

yes we are amazing. just wanted to point out that i knew you

I think you guys are missing the point...in this day and age where the Bridgemen and Velvet Knights drum corps no longer exist, I'm glad to see a band out there that still uses humor correctly and produces such a hilarious product.

Ive' been a Band Dad (Lincoln-way) for 3 years now and Naperville North always puts on a fun show to watch. Ya trophy's may be few but a whole lot of us are a lot better off because of them!

GO North!!!!

I saw Naperville North both at Linclon-Way competition and at State and i have to say i really enjoy their show this year with the copland, cop land thing i mean how do they come up with these things

*cough* our director is a genius *cough*

haha yea he writes his own drill and music. hes my hero..