Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
OTHSAX

NAPERVILLE NORTH

I'VE NEVER SEEEN THEM BUT HAVE HEARD THAT THERE HIGH SCHOOL IS REALLY EXPENSIVE AND NICE. DO THEY HAVE A GOOD MARCHING PROGRAM? IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS LEAVE SOME. ON THIS SUBJECT.

Their high school is nice...although among the Naperville schools Neuqua is really the nicest (it's the youngest...and is considered superior to Waubonsie which stinks for us because we have the same curriculum for everything).

Their marching program is good, they did the Trading Spaces show last year, their shows always involve a lot of props I'm told which I'm not a huge fan of but they pull it off pretty well.

I always have fun watching them (their "Men are From Mars" show or whatever really stands out in my mind). But I think I like old school marching band too much to ever want to do a show like that. I like progressive but more like Phantom Regiment progressive (good classical music brought to life). Our show for 2005 promises to have just that effect! Naperville has tremendous personality (if that is the right word). In fact, each IL band brings something different to the table.

hey.. lol... wow.. a whole topic on just us

this year our theme is called "Extra Extra"... we have a LOT less props this year... we only have a huge newspaper tarp, a magazine stand, and snoopy..

the guard gets to be newsies! i LOVE our costumes

at lake park. one of the guardie's sister told us that all the little kids woke up just to see us.

we're going to wheaton north next .. then prospect.. .. then we'll see y'all at state.. aaand we're goin to the BOA super regional in st louis

yesterday was my last lake park competition! how sad :P

Okay,

I made this account just to comment on this...

First off, I passionately despise Daniel Moore... He's a fricken retard.

Second off, he has a good way to approach our show. He writes everthing, music and drill, and writes the show knowing we wont win state. I mean seriously... Lake Park and Marion Catholic are the schools u want to be at if u want to win state.

Thirdly, yes we have tons of props, but so what... Atleast we put on a show that people enjoy watching and actually remember... What show did u do 3 years ago LWC? Anyone remember that DIDNT go to that school...

Finally, how cool are you to make fun of marching band? You must be really really cool. Lots of friends im sure.

All i have to say is MARCHING BAND

and I hate Dan Moore

I am going to assume you are replying to my post made a good while ago...The show I remember from 3 years ago is Victor J. Andrew with their amazing Latin show. I couldn't name off any other show that season. I don't know who Daniel Moore is, but I don't think he'd be too happy. Next, who made fun of marching band? That can't have possibly been directed at me because marching band is my life (until I graduate, then HOPEFULLY I'll be blessed enough to continue on into drum corps). If it was directed at me, I have friends who love marching band just as I do. You sound a bit resentful at the whole state thing (I assume you refer to ISU; not U of I). I'm willing to bet this Daniel Moore (your director?) writes shows that will show the crowd that marching band isn't all about serious concert playing, which is exactly what you said. I guess, I am extremely confused...

Okay,

<snip>

and I hate Dan Moore

Let's keep the personal attacks off of here. I understand that you might not like him, but calling people names isn't going to change that.

Okay,

<snip>

and I hate Dan Moore

Let's keep the personal attacks off of here. I understand that you might not like him, but calling people names isn't going to change that.

You wouldn't then want to hear the other people in our band complain about him...

Danny Moore writes the shows to win crowd appeal. He tells us all the time before ISU that he doesn't care what place we get, as long as we get crowd appeal. Truely, he does care, but right now, we just want his ego to deflate.

Whether you like the props or not, you definitely have to watch the show more than once to get the concept. One show you may watch the band, the next the colour guard, the next the actors, the next the drumline (they're always coming up with silly stuff to do). It's all very confusing. This year, "Extra, Extra!" concentrates more on the band, if that's what you're looking for.

Let's keep the personal attacks off of here.  I understand that you might not like him, but calling people names isn't going to change that.

You wouldn't then want to hear the other people in our band complain about him...

Then it's a good thing they don't post it on this board ;)

I think Dan Moore (director at NNHS) is amazing! With original music and such entertaining show concepts, I give him props for daring to be different. I think Naperville North really proved this year that they are truly a group of potential and talent after their performance at ISU finals. (Again, I am not being biased!)

I think Dan Moore (director at NNHS) is amazing! With original music and such entertaining show concepts, I give him props for daring to be different. I think Naperville North really proved this year that they are truly a group of potential and talent after their performance at ISU finals. (Again, I am not being biased!)

what was original about the NN show? it wasnt some genious new music.....all CHEESE

I think Dan Moore (director at NNHS) is amazing!  With original music and such entertaining show concepts, I give him props for daring to be different.  I think Naperville North really proved this year that they are truly a group of potential and talent after their performance at ISU finals.  (Again, I am not being biased!)

what was original about the NN show? it wasnt some genious new music.....all CHEESE

It wasn't genius new music, but he is able to put together tunes seamlessly that allows audiences to relate and to be entertained. He attains exactly what he wants to accomplish. He knows he borrows and takes a lot of stuff and fuses it together.....that is his exact intention. He wants to connect to the audience in a fun manner....... And what is wrong with cheese? Cheese is Goooooood. If every marching band tried to do the same thing, the marching world would be a booooring place.

I think Dan Moore (director at NNHS) is amazing!  With original music and such entertaining show concepts, I give him props for daring to be different.  I think Naperville North really proved this year that they are truly a group of potential and talent after their performance at ISU finals.  (Again, I am not being biased!)

It wasn't genius new music, but he is able to put together tunes seamlessly that allows audiences to relate and to be entertained. He attains exactly what he wants to accomplish. He knows he borrows and takes a lot of stuff and fuses it together.....that is his exact intention. He wants to connect to the audience in a fun manner....... And what is wrong with cheese? Cheese is Goooooood. If every marching band tried to do the same thing, the marching world would be a booooring place.

I agree 100%!!!! The world would be a boring place if every marching band did the same thing....just like NN...everything in their show has been done and was just the "same old tired thing."

Thanks for proving my point!

what are you talking about? everything in our show has NOT been done. have you seen any other marching band play any of the music we play? (besides amazing grace) I havent.

no.. im in the guard.. we make up a name for each song.. lol .. but i know they play amazing grace and the wedding song

:D

what are you talking about? everything in our show has NOT been done. have you seen any other marching band play any of the music we play? (besides amazing grace) I havent.

poor sheltered guard girl.....

how can u be in a show and not know the music? let alone know if its been done before....

blah