Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
OTHSAX

NAPERVILLE NORTH

I'VE NEVER SEEEN THEM BUT HAVE HEARD THAT THERE HIGH SCHOOL IS REALLY EXPENSIVE AND NICE. DO THEY HAVE A GOOD MARCHING PROGRAM? IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS LEAVE SOME. ON THIS SUBJECT.

naperville north is that band. they did the "Men are from Mars" show last year and it was a cute show I guess but REALLY lame. Before that they did the Library show which was basically a play with music and people marching around the set. (the same was true of all their shows that ive seen) Naperville North is IL's resident prop band. The problem is they don't even do well even though they do prop it out like crazy. I always enjoy watching their shows cuz they arent boring design wise...just really really really cheesey. No they arent all that great. probably a top 10 band in IL but thats not incredibly difficult to do. i know andrew is better than them and they may be one step under that

Hey OTHSAX...incase you didn't know, if you press the "Caps Lock" key, all of your letters wont be in Caps...just a thought.

On the topic, I agree that they are the resident prop band from Illinois, however, I wouldn't say top 10. I have seen them and alot of other IL bands, and maybe top 15-20.

I think you guys are missing the point...in this day and age where the Bridgemen and Velvet Knights drum corps no longer exist, I'm glad to see a band out there that still uses humor correctly and produces such a hilarious product.

i'm absolutely serious...i've only been to one competition (this year's ISU) in Il, because i moved here recently from out of state...so i can't say for other years, but what i saw at ISU was just briliant, and should have at least won crowd appeal (which i don't understand as a trophy, but that's another topic for another time) based solely on crowd reaction...and if you guys poke fun at them, what does that say about you?

what class are they in at ISU...east desearved crowd appeal for 6a (which i believe they got) cuz their fans are insanely supportive in the stands and always ahve some sort of little momento to identify them as griffin fans

lol probably...east had a crazy run..our team sucked it up. the only game ive been to and seen another band was Lockport (yeah we lost horribly to the soon-to-be state champs of 03) but their band was nothing special

school size, however i do not remember the exact numbers off hand

I was told that every 500 school size is a class....so

1-500 is Class 1A

501-1000 is Class 2A

etc.

6A is 2501+

Of course, ISU bends these rules somewhat, as Eureka and Mater Dei are both 540 or something like that, and were 1A. They adjust the classes a little bit to keep class sizes similar, at least in theory.

I know this is pretty late for this topic...

But I do attend Naperville North and it is an excellent band program and the shows are meant to please everyone, including the people who are just at football games to see the game. Mr. Moore, the director, has a lot of fun when he creates the shows.

We're class 6A at ISU, received 6th overall, and our show was called "Do-It Yourself" as a parody of home improvement and Trading Spaces.

Naperville Central? Where's that? :P

Oh very funny....thanks for that....*sigh* I never said you guys were bad...I liked your show...it was cool...I think our show this year was ok...I liked our show last year better....but thanks...NOT.... *sigh* that hurts....seriously it does...some of my friends go to Naperville North....that hurts right here *pounds chest* thanks....I'll remember that...

Ahhh....the drama of high school....

Rule #1: Sarcasm doesn't translate very well over the internet. I've learned this after 10 years of experience on it myself. Although, the original poster did put the little silly smily icon on the end of their post.

Rule #2: There is such a thing as friendly rivalry. You can compete against each other in competition, yet respect the other person is doing at the same time. Gentle ribbing isn't a faux pas.

And yes, I comment on NC vs. NN...my dad graduated from Naperville C in '65, and my grandmother's house was spttin' distance from Central. The Memorial/Labor Day parades went right by her house. (Right on Main St.)