Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Balash

The upgrade of the forums

We have upgraded the forums to Simple Machines Forum.  It is a significantly different forum service, and people may have some questions on where things are, how to change different parts of the site, and the like.

If you have an account with us from our Zetaboards days, please login to your account at http://s8.zetaboards.com/ilmarching/index/, check your PM's, and follow the instructions!

Use this topic for your questions, comments and any other help that you may need.

Thanks!  :)

I figure you were getting squished content because of your monitor resolution compared to the size of the website. I forget not everyone has a big monitor like I do.

I shrunk the sidebar by 33%...hope that looks a bit better for ya now.

Looks really nice guys!  Is there anyway to have topic titles bolded, or something?  The name, date, and topic all blend together on the right side in the new format a bit.

Overall, I love the new look!

That might be a bit tricky, as, by default, that text does not have its own style...so I can't modify just it without changing every line of text in the entire page.

I might be able to dig into the template to see if I can do it...I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

We apologize to the several people who registered after we changed new registration activation from "immediate" to "email activation".  It should work now.  If you register from here on out and don't get an email telling you to activate your account, send me an email.

In addition, if you come across a post that randomly ends, post a link to where it is in here and we will modify it.  Apparently some longer posts were shortened in the conversion.

Thanks for all the replies thus far.

If anyone is interested in returning to the topic after a post is made, go to:

Profile->Account Settings->Look and Layout->click "Return to topics after posting by default."

This afternoon, for a few hours, the website and forums were down. We apologize for this outage. Somehow a file got deleted that was needed by the forums...causing an error when that file was being loaded. Luckily I keep pretty regular backups :) :) Everything should be back in working order. PM if you find anything out of place. Thanks, Mark

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this