Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Balash

2010 shows

This is the thread for announcing your schools' 2010 programs.

Note: Please do not post your show title until your director says it is okay, or if your school posts it online.

Also, directors, if you wish your show to not be publicly posted until June or July, feel free to email me (balash@ilmarching.com), and we'll put it in the database.

Antioch: "Lord of the Rings"

The 2010 Marching Sequoits will peform Johan de Meij's landmark symphonic work, "Lord of the Rings". The show contains endless dramatic and visual possibilities, featuring the opening fanfare "Gandalf" and the exciting theme "Shadowfax". Clarinet and alto saxophone solos are featured at the beginning of "Lothlorien", followed by woodwind and brass features. In the sinister "Gollum", the percussion section - including our pit - will be featured on their new Yamaha drumline equipment. The last movement contains a noble folk-like theme from the "Hobbits".

They will be attending:

9/19: Wilmot, Wisconsin

10/2: Greendale, Wisconsin

10/3: St. Rita

10/10: Marengo

10/23: ISU

They will be attending:

9/19: Wilmot, Wisconsin

10/2: Greendale, Wisconsin

10/3: St. Rita

This may or may not stay the same, as the band director position is open and the new guy might decide to go other places.

Elmwood Park-"The Music of the Beatles"

William Fremd: Music to include Pirates by Gary P. Gilroy

Lakes Community: "Tribal Elements" To listen to a midi of the show, go here: http://www.inspiremusic.com/shows/TribalElements.html WARNING: Site is incredibly graphics heavy and will take some time to load.

Lakes will be attending:

9/18: Wilmot, WI

9/26: St. Rita

10/2: Prospect

Normal Community: There's a ticker across the bottom: "In 2010-11 the Marching Ironmen will be touching all the bases!" Baseball related theme for the show?

Normal Community: There's a ticker across the bottom: "In 2010-11 the Marching Ironmen will be touching all the bases!" Baseball related theme for the show?

Doubt it, as they did a baseball themed show back before West split from them (or so I have heard. . .) although it would be interesting to see either way

Doubt it, as they did a baseball themed show back before West split from them (or so I have heard. . .) although it would be interesting to see either way
That split was back in the mid 1990's, I don't think it makes the big of a difference. Besides, Marian did an Oriental themed show in 1997 and won nationals, and if my memory serves me correct, they used some of the same music from the 1996 (Dan, correct me if I'm wrong.) And then they go an do another Oriental themed show this past year or the previous. It's not like the same students are repeating the show, they're all my age now! I too would enjoy to see what NC could do with a baseball themed show. Pasttime anyone?!? :)

Naperville North - Coulrophobia

The trailer below will explain everything. ;]

Will attend:

September 11th @ Lake Park Lancer Joust

September 25th @ Northern Illinois University (NIU)

October 16th @ Lincolnway Invitational

October 23th @ Illinois State University Invitational

November 6th @ BOA Regionals Indianapolis, IN

For their second-ever competitive season, Heritage High School will perform "007", featuring the music of the James Bond feature films.

Selections will include Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, and the James Bond Theme.

Attending...

September 25 - Effingham

October 9 - EIU

October 16 - Shelbyville

After watching the trailer, it's refreshing to see that Naperville North has embraced who they are for their upcoming show.

Also...LOVE the little dig at the end. Bands that are serious are SO lame. Classy, NN.

Marian did an Oriental themed show in 1997 and won nationals, and if my memory serves me correct, they used some of the same music from the 1996 (Dan, correct me if I'm wrong.) And then they go an do another Oriental themed show this past year or the previous. It's not like the same students are repeating the show, they're all my age now! I too would enjoy to see what NC could do with a baseball themed show. Pasttime anyone?!? :)
Marian 1996 was "The Earth, the Sea, and the Sky." Music was:

Sun Paints Rainbows on the Vast Waves-David Bedford

Heart of the Morn-H. Owen Reed

Through Countless Halls of Air-Francis McBeth

Marian 1997: "Portraits of the Orient"

Land Theme from "Heaven and Earth"-Kitaro

"War"-Greg Bimm

Tiger in the Trees from "The Joy Luck Club"-Rachel Portman

Dance of the Swords from Three Japanese Dances-Bernard Rogers

Edwardsville: "Imagine"

Music composed by Mark Higginbotham.

The possibilities are endless and only limited by ones imagination.

They will be attending:

September 11th: O'Fallon (maybe Belleville East)

September 18th: Edwardsville

September 25th: Effingham/Newton

October 2nd/9th (not sure which): Washington, Missouri

October 16th: St. Louis Super Regional

October 23rd: Greater St. Louis.

The Marching Bearcat Band at McKendree University is looking for input on what you think would be a fun show to do for a college marching band in 2010! We currently do 3 shows each season - we have a few ideas in the works, but nothing set in stone. What are your thoughts?? Remember, our shows are more geared towards the audience rather than a competition based show. Hope to get some fun feedback! Thanks.

Crystal Lake Central: Cirque du Soleli's "Ka"

Evanston: "Chess: A Musical Game of Strategy"

Attending:

9/25 Wheeling or NIU

Tri-Valley: "Stan and the TV Band": The Music of the Stan Kenton Orchestra

Artistry in Rhythm

Pegasus

Magleguena

http://www.tri-valley.k12.il.us/dmarcotte/add_recordbandcamp.asp

Attending:

September 11th: Washington

September 25th: Pontiac

October 2nd: Monticello

October 16th: U of I

Watseka High School will be performing "Spectrum" featuring:

Red - Alacran

Blue - Declaration In Blue

White - Into the Light

Gold - Ascend

Attending:

Danville - Sept 11

Pontiac - Sept 25

Olympia - Oct 2

Metamora - Oct 9

U of I - Oct 16

ISU - Oct 23

Belleville East: "The Box"

1. Trapped Inside...

2. To You, It's Just...

3. Think Outside...

The Belleville East Marching Lancers are proud to present their 2010 program, "... The Box". Each movement references the box in a different way. There are four soloists at the beginning of the show who quote each movement's music and they represent the four sides of the box. Movement 1 is titled "Trapped Inside the Box". Sometimes in life we feel like we are going through the same routine or we are trapped inside a way of life that may be inescapable... same schedule... same routine... trapped... Need a break or a vacation! The music chosen for this movement is some great jazz from guitarist Pat Metheny called "Heat of the Day" and music from Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band called "Hunting Wabbits 2" (a bad hare day). Movement 2 is entitled "To You It's Just..." You will hear a quote of small children saying "To you it's just a box... but to the mind of a child". Imagination of a small child has no limits. How many times, at Christmas, has a child opened a large very expensive package just to empty the contents, push them aside and start playing with box. A box can be a clubhouse, a costume, anything... The music from this music is New World by Icelandic singer/ songwrite Bjork. Movement 3 is called "Think Outside the Box". In corporate America, we have all been asked to think outside the box. To bring new inventive ideas to the table. Well, a funk version of Dizzy Gillespie's "A Night in Tunesia" is the basis for think outside the box. We hope to try some things that are outside the box. We hope that you enjoy your journey through... "... The Box".

Paxton-Buckley-Loda Panther Regiment will be presenting a Tribute to New Orleans to coincide with their spring trip to New Orleans. Music by Jair Klarfeld, Drill by Charles Hess, and Flag work by Joanna Willis.

Appearing at:

Danville

Atwood

Monticello

Mahomet