Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Balash

Shows for 10/17

My friends and I were wondering what place you guys think that glenbrook south will come in
I think Glenbrook South will pull 5th, with 4th a high possibility as well. You have a tough class, so try your best :)

Any one know what's going and why U of I competition is ending so early? What adjustments had to be made in order to wrap things up so early? Very curious.
I believe there is a wedding reception in the press box

My St. Louis predictions:

1)85.65 Marian Catholic

2)84.75 Broken Arrow, OK

3)83.35 Centerville, OH

4)82.45 Paul Laurence Dunbar, KY

5)81.85 William Mason, OH

6)80.85 Union, OK

7)80.30 Owasso, OK

8)79.65 Lafayette, LA

9)78.65 Irondale, MN

10)78.30 Blue Springs, MO

11)77.85 Rosemount, MN

12)76.95 Morton

13)76.30 Oakville, MO

14)75.65 Eden Prairie, MN

Music: Marian Catholic

Visual: Broken Arrow

GE: Marian Catholic

Just a heads up about the DGS field, it rained moderately today, the field right now might be slightly 'gushy' of course. See how things plan out for Saturday. I know our band(dgs) will be testing the field seeing if it's ready for the competition or not.

1)85.65 Marian Catholic

2)84.75 Broken Arrow, OK

3)83.35 Centerville, OH

6)80.85 Union, OK

7)80.30 Owasso, OK

8)79.65 Lafayette, LA

9)78.65 Irondale, MN

11)77.85 Rosemount, MN

12)76.95 Morton

13)76.30 Oakville, MO

This is interesting, and I pretty much think this is a possible finals line up. No O'fallon not on this list is a little strange with their early season results at 1 BOA regional and being right with Blue Springs at another competition.

Although, at this level of competition, who knows what will happen. The groups that are in the mid to upper 70's are almost interchangeable depending on the day and judging panel!

1)85.65 Marian Catholic

2)84.75 Broken Arrow, OK

3)83.35 Centerville, OH

6)80.85 Union, OK

7)80.30 Owasso, OK

8)79.65 Lafayette, LA

9)78.65 Irondale, MN

11)77.85 Rosemount, MN

12)76.95 Morton

13)76.30 Oakville, MO

This is interesting, and I pretty much think this is a possible finals line up. No O'fallon not on this list is a little strange with their early season results at 1 BOA regional and being right with Blue Springs at another competition.

Although, at this level of competition, who knows what will happen. The groups that are in the mid to upper 70's are almost interchangeable depending on the day and judging panel!

This is definitely a more intense lineup than last year, and it'll be interesting to see how it works out for the IL bands. I'm pulling for a Marian win this year, and I think Morton has a great shot at moving up in finals from last year. I'd love to see O'Fallon make it in there too, and I think we will see them either come really close or nudge their way in. Either way, I think Dan's got a pretty solid list here.

Wonder if Marian will stay on top of BA all the way til the end of the year...

wondering how many schools are missing kids due to the flu? hopefully not a lot! good luck to all the bands tomorrow!
I received a text from a friend that works for BOA saying that William Mason was considering withdrawing from the St. Louis Super Regional. They had 60 kids (out of about 200) out yesterday, and 800 out of a school of 3,000 kids were sick.

Notice to all: The field at Downers Grove South has just been inspected. Field conditions are not viable for the bands to march, or even to stand in concert formation. As a result, the decision has been made to move the Music Bowl indoors to the large gymnasium.

1)85.65 Marian Catholic

2)84.75 Broken Arrow, OK

3)83.35 Centerville, OH

6)80.85 Union, OK

7)80.30 Owasso, OK

8)79.65 Lafayette, LA

9)78.65 Irondale, MN

11)77.85 Rosemount, MN

12)76.95 Morton

13)76.30 Oakville, MO

This is definitely a more intense lineup than last year, and it'll be interesting to see how it works out for the IL bands. I'm pulling for a Marian win this year, and I think Morton has a great shot at moving up in finals from last year. I'd love to see O'Fallon make it in there too, and I think we will see them either come really close or nudge their way in. Either way, I think Dan's got a pretty solid list here.

Marian has never had the problem of peaking too early but rather peaking too late. In fact, if Marian beats BA at the regional by more than a point, I think they have a legitimate shot of taking it all in Indy.

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Marian has never had the problem of peaking too early but rather peaking too late. In fact, if Marian beats BA at the regional by more than a point, I think they have a legitimate shot of taking it all in Indy.
That would be awesome if they took it all at Indy (and I would love to see Marian get top 3 at GN) but Avon is looking amazing yet again. I wouldn't be surprised if they win GN again

I forgot to mention this:

BOA/MFA has a Live Webcast of the St. Louis Super Regional this weekend. View more information here: http://mfa.thefannetwork.org/?network_id=2

There's 2 options to view it:

1.) Music For All Fan Network Plus

Expiration Date: 08/31/2010

* Best Value!

* Access to all MFA Live Webcasts

* Access to all Video On Demand: including Regional coverage, the MFA/BOA video archives, and BOA Grand National Prelims. 6 webcasts: St. Louis, San Antonio, Atlanta, Grand National Prelims, Semifinals, and Finals.

Purchase now for $59.00

2.) St. Louis, MO (Super Regional)

10/16/2009 - 10/17/2009

Purchase now for $19.95

Notice to all: The field at Downers Grove South has just been inspected. Field conditions are not viable for the bands to march, or even to stand in concert formation. As a result, the decision has been made to move the Music Bowl indoors to the large gymnasium.
Oh.... that's no fun.

wondering how many schools are missing kids due to the flu? hopefully not a lot! good luck to all the bands tomorrow!
I received a text from a friend that works for BOA saying that William Mason was considering withdrawing from the St. Louis Super Regional. They had 60 kids (out of about 200) out yesterday, and 800 out of a school of 3,000 kids were sick.
Wow! That is a TON! I think the most we've had out recently is about 70, we have an enrollment of about 550.

Wow! That is a TON! I think the most we've had out recently is about 70, we have an enrollment of about 550.
I know there were lots of schools, mine included, with similar conditions. With all the missing people and the lack of field time we have gotten in the past three weeks due to rain, I think it turned the tables for many of the competitions this weekend, particularly BOA events. I would have loved to see how the rankings would have changed in ideal marching conditions.... Hopefully everyone will be in better shape by ISU and Grand Nationals.