Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
tubawarrior

Drum Corps in Chicago

The Windy City Drum & Bugle Corps would like to welcome anyone in and around the Chicago area (and surrounding suburbs) to our first rehearsal camp November 26-28. Location to be announced soon. Keep an eye on our website: Windy City Drum & Bugle Corps for further announcements and join us to be a part of our first exciting year.

sounds cool but i have some questions concerning marching basics

id wanna come out if it was super ultimately disciplined and horn angles at attention and horns up were required to be awesome all the time...also if you havnt developed a way to do horn movements then i would suggest not doing the traditional marching band way but instead the prep/up way

instead of holding the valve casing with ur left hand, both hands cover the valves at horns down (left over right), then for horns up its: count 1) left hand goes down to casing, count 2) snap horn up

its alot more professional looking

but dont really take me too seriously...though i would come out if the style of the corps was very professional and clean cut

ok so whatever just ignore me lol im just really really really bored and sorta in marching band withdrawl

very interesting...i guess you'll have to come to our camp and find out. i can't say whether or not we will do what you suggested, but i can say we are taking a very traditional outlook to the entire philosphy of the corps. Join us November 26-28 for our first camp, and help spread the word.

is the camp just for the winds on those days or for everyone?

for anyone and everyone...we're looking for brass, percussion, color guard...we are also going to be starting an indoor winter color guard, so for you folks who don't have indoor programs (or have graduated high school already), come on out and see if we feel right for you. Also bring your parents...we'll need plenty of help and always welcome new people...the more the merrier as our family grows.