Add Collinsville

5A

Add Normal West.

Add Lincoln-Way East

Lose Collinsville.

Lose Lincoln-Way West.

6A

Lose Lincoln-Way East.

That makes a lot more sense. LWE isn't that big, and LWW is going to be really small from all indications

Hmm, these are some interesting predictions, only because I thought LWE would make it to 6A this year, and LWW is in 2A? I thought well they might have enough for 3A...we will have to see.

Hmm, these are some interesting predictions, only because I thought LWE would make it to 6A this year, and LWW is in 2A? I thought well they might have enough for 3A...we will have to see.
The class assignments are not predictions. We have the official class assignment list. So....we won't have to see...we have already seen.

ISU news and preliminary schedule has arrived.

First, the news about ISU.

-No more colorguard or percussion captions in Prelims.

-Separate panels for prelims and finals.

-There will now be a "high achievement in visual performance" caption. This will be figured by the average of the visual performance individual and visual performance ensemble scores. The music caption stays the same, and the high achievement in effect caption will be the sum of the 2 music effect judges and the 1 visual effect judge.

Now, on to the prelims schedule (as of August 5th):

Class 1A

7:14 Illinois Valley Central

7:28 Olympia

7:42 Eureka

7:56 Herscher

8:10 University

8:24 Johnston City

8:38 Break

Class 2A

8:52 Marengo

9:06 Salem

9:20 Morton

9:34 Lincoln-Way West

9:48 Dunlap

10:02 Geneseo

10:16 1A/2A Awards

Class 3A

10:44 Kaneland

10:58 Marian Catholic

11:12 Limestone

11:26 Urbana

11:40 Lemont

11:54 Rock Island

12:08 Break

Class 4A

12:22 Normal Community

12:36 United Township

12:50 Romeoville

1:04 Lincoln-Way North

1:18 Bloomington

1:32 Collinsville

1:46 Argo

2:00 Class 3A and 4A Awards

Class 5A

2:28 Normal West

2:42 Prospect

2:56 Lincoln-Way East

3:10 A.A. Stagg

3:24 Wheaton Warrenville South

3:38 Pekin

3:52 Minooka

4:06 Wheaton North

4:20 Break

Class 6A

4:34 Downers Grove South

4:48 Naperville North

5:02 Lincoln-Way Central

5:16 Waubonsie Valley

5:30 Lake Park

5:44 Joliet West

5:58 Victor J. Andrew

6:12 Warren Township

6:26 Lockport

6:40 BRMM

6:54 Class 5A/6A Awards

7:04 Announcement of Finalists

8:00 Finals begin

Anyone know if there will still be a General Effect or Crowd Appeal? I'd think that they would keep GE cuz they could just average the Music GE and the Visual GE scores.
Yep, effect's still there. It's just relabeled as "Highest Achievement in Effect" and is the sum of the 2 Music GE judges and 1 Visual GE judge.

by chance, i am assuming many on this board are planning to attend, either as spectators or competitors.

i am planning to attend myself, to support my alma mater and also because my sister is competing as well. i will be wearing my hand-made green "snuggie" so if you spot me say hello.

p.s. still contemplating whether to monogram my snuggie with the school logo....opinions?

by chance, i am assuming many on this board are planning to attend, either as spectators or competitors.

i am planning to attend myself, to support my alma mater and also because my sister is competing as well. i will be wearing my hand-made green "snuggie" so if you spot me say hello.

p.s. still contemplating whether to monogram my snuggie with the school logo....opinions?

I'll be there, wearing my new ILmarching shirt; either a Ringer T or a long sleeve dark t-shirt. Hopefully the latter this year, as I'd much rather have cold(er) temperatures.

Anyways, here's my tentative show schedule for this year:

September 12th: Lake Park

October 3rd: Stagg

October 10th: Lincoln-Way

October 17th: maybe DGS or Naperville Central

October 24th: ISU

November 12th-14th: Grand Nationals

]I'll be there, wearing my new ILmarching shirt; either a Ringer T or a long sleeve dark t-shirt. Hopefully the latter this year, as I'd much rather have cold(er) temperatures.

my show schedule is:

9-12: LP

10-24: ISU

any other weekends im working

I'll be at ISU as well! I think I'll be wearing a baseball T-shirt with yellow sleeves. It will say 'B. NEWWORLD' on the back. Feel free to say hello!

I'll be there, wearing my new ILmarching shirt; either a Ringer T or a long sleeve dark t-shirt. Hopefully the latter this year, as I'd much rather have cold(er) temperatures.

Ill also be there with Dan...wearing ILMarching gear (plug the ILMarching Store here)

i'll probably be there in my Bradley basketball band polo, which is my favorite piece of clothing ever. It's actually one of the main reasons I went to BU lol
ur crazy berg.....those shirts are ugly and uncomfortable. Buy an ILMarching tshirt

From reading the ISU web site about how the competition will be judged (not doubling up judges on music & visual GE, AND having totally different panels for finals), I think it'll be very interesting. With more scores being pulled together and averaged in the past, it was harder for an individual judges score to drastically impact placings. Seems like it'll make easier for a potential upset or surprise in prelims. And for those that make finals, placements could be shaken up a little more.

Also, while I recognize a few names, the judging panel looks pretty different from the past. I'm not sure if I saw a list of the judges for 2008, but going back another year or two, I'm recalling that a decent portion of the judges were more along the lines of college directors, but now there's more of a DCI, BOA, and WGI focus.

Here are the judges for ISU: http://www.bands.ilstu.edu/downloads/Judgebios09.pdf

Anyone happen to know which are judging prelims and which are judging finals?